It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
(female)

AddisMom HB User
Anyone experience something similar?

First off i'll give a little background of what ive had going on the past few months and hopefully some of yall that have thyroid problems can shed some light if i should get my thyroid looked into.

Not sure if this has anything to do with whats been going on but a few months ago i started having a dull pain in my upper left arm that soon turned into pain in my neck as well and a shooting pain and numbess going down into my fingers. All this on the left side. The within weeks i started having the feeling of something in my throat when swallowing. Went to dr and she did xrays and said everything looked normal and recommended i see ENT. Ent did scope down throat and said the throat feeling was LPR and my neck sounded like a pulled muscle. A month went by and nothing changed so went back to dr and she mentioned my thyroid and took some blood. I got the results back and all it was was TSH was 1.45 and it was normal. Both ENT and Dr suggested getting a deep tissue massage because the left side of my neck felt really tight and my SCM muscle was more noticeable on that side as well. Went to massage therapist for 6 weeks and she said my left side was very very tight and the pain down my arm went away after months.
During all these months ive also started experiencing a change in my periods. They are alot heavier and im in more pain during them. Also off and on for a few months i will have days where i just ache all over and all my muscles and joints will hurt.
My question is has anyone experienced problems with there neck muscles from having a goiter? All the drs ive seen say they feel no swollen nodes in my neck but when i "flex" my neck the left side looks different from the right, right around the area where i feel something when i swallow. I'm so frustrated and scared thinking after all these months this might be cancer or something bad since nothing ive done has made much of a difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread