It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
(male)

nagibh HB User
puss discharge after Hemorhoidectomy

I had a Hemorhoidectomy, internal & external, 3 months ago. My surgeon closed the wounds with staples instead of sewing. Had to go and see him 2 month later to remove couple of staples that didn't fall. I have no problem during my morning BMs as I get on the tread mill for one hour every morning before the process. I recommend lot of walking as it eases the digestion process, and makes it easier for the BM process. I eat lot of vegetables, salads and fruits, and I take stool softeners 3 times a day. My every day breakfast is a bowl of oats cooked with boiled water and finished with a sprinkle of chops of dates and raisins.
Three months now and I still experience a discharge of puss, and sometimes mixed with traces of my waste, after my morning BM. This usually lasts for 5-6 hours and causes itching and little burn on the place of the last removed staples. I know the burn will go when the tiny openings of the removed staples heal, but Iím worried from the discharge and the inconveniency it causes. I do an average of 6-8 warm sitz bathes every day, one after BM and one before going to bed. (My job, office work, makes it easy and convenient for me). I use cotton sterile swaps all the time to control the spread of the discharge and keep the area clean.
My hitch is that I work in a different country from where I had my Hemorhoidectomy; hence I donít have easy access to my doctor, and unfortunately cannot find the right one in the area of my place of work.
Have anyone experienced such a discharge for so long? If yes, for how long.
Thank you for sharing my case with you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread