It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #1
(male)

RockinWellness HB User
Doing good now but not sure of future.

Does anyone have advice for someone with a progressive disease that is doing good and is very unsure of future? Has a positive attitude all around but can see that has an end when problems pop up and always gets harder to "fix".

Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 AM   #2
(female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User
Re: Doing good now but not sure of future.

Sure my first one would be to see if there is a Board for the specific disease. I have MS. I was just diagnosed in June. The board area here for MS is absolutely awesome. I have learned so much about MS. The support in there is absolutely awesome too. When you realize that so many are out there with health problems it sorta makes yours seem so minor. At the same time you get to come in here and help others with theirs. Sometimes we just need to open up the page and know that somebody out there cared enough to respond to our small cry or answer a question that we didn't have the answer to. So to me I believe the greatest thing to know about your future is your not alone.
When I first got diagnosed I can assure you that it completely changed my life. I was scared, confused and all the crazy things that went through my mind. Then I had to step back and think about who I am and how I have always survived and made it through all the bad times. Truth is I made it because I realized a long time ago that all of the good in my life and all of the bad in my life were blessings. I can tell you when all that bad was going on I wasn't thinking that it was a blessing. But together,the bad, the good, all of the lessons I have learned, everything is what made me who I am. So, oh well I have MS, yes it is screwing up my life and livelyhood. But what a gift it is if me having this disease gives me an opportunity to help someone else. I couldn't ask for anything else, I don't believe its a curse I believe its a blessing and for whatever reason I have it, well maybe I'll never know. In the meantime I'm going to do what I can for myself and any others that I'm able to do for with whatever I have to do it with

Last edited by iluv; 10-12-2011 at 12:53 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to iluv:
dogmom (10-15-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iluv For This Useful Post:
dogmom (10-15-2011), sunshine12 (10-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB Usersunshine12 HB User
Re: Doing good now but not sure of future.

It's good to be able to convey our feelings about our fears and joys. So many of us as iluv said can come here and get some support which is wonderful. It may take a few days but it helps to know your not alone.
The future is unsure for all of us when you think about it. Not having an illness makes it easier but sometimes having something makes us think and enjoy our life more and try harder to take care of ourselves and others.
Find the section that deals with what you have and I am sure you will fine much help and support with dealing and make a few friends in the process.

The following user gives a hug of support to sunshine12:
iluv (10-12-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to sunshine12 For This Useful Post:
iluv (10-12-2011)
Closed Thread