It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
(female)

Stormchaser0583 HB User
Hematoma on thigh - advice re it getting worse

New to this site! I got kicked by a horse on Sunday (5 days ago) on my upper thigh. It initially swelled from knee to hip but the swelling has reduced to a smaller area and this section is still swollen, hard, hot and although the bruising is black and purple there is some redness over the section that is still very bad. I have some nerve compression (tingling in toes and sometimes numbness) and yesterday and today the injury has been burning quite significantly, almost like a very deep muscle ache/burn. Doctor confirmed its a massive hematoma on Monday and that the compression should come right by itself but to watch for infection. Ive been feeling pretty run down for the last two days, almost like body is fighting an infection but there is no open wound just a red line/deep indentation where the hoof connected with my leg. My temp should be 36.6Celcius but its moved up and is between 37 and 37.5 - not significant by itself but just a little concerned that they may be linked? Should I go back to Doctor? How will I know if there is an infection or if it needs draining? I am being super paranoid as I dont want any lasting damage. There are also areas on the thigh that feel completely dead/numb.

Closed Thread