It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 04:29 AM   #1
(male)

dannyboy90 HB User
Vision Strange, Mild Headache & Tightness - Please Help

Hi,

I'm 21 years old and I've been suffering from these strange symptoms for the past few days.

It began about 3 and half days ago... My vision became grainy and slightly light sensitive - It seemed like I was experiencing an extremely mild aura all over my eyes. This gradually got better, especially in dull light. Bright lights didn't hurt, but they spurred on this vision problem, it's like my eyes all taking in too much light in every direction - it's intense.. I also started feeling slightly dizzy with mild head tightness.

On the second day when I woke up I got these symptoms all over again, only slightly worse.. My vision was grainy with a mild aura all over it. Eyes felt heavy, head felt heavy & tight - only very mild though.. Slight dizziness and things felt surreal, due to my vision.. Again these symptoms regarding my vision seemed to lessen in dull areas when I was lying down. Wearing sun glasses seems to prevent my vision from going into this state, but doesn't prevent me feeling slightly dizzy with head tightness.

Today the symptoms are much the same.. with varying degrees of intensity.

Note - These symptoms are fairly mild but have been happening for nearly 4 days. Also it's probably worth noting that used to get ocular migraines when I was a lot younger, however these came with no head symptoms and lasted about 40 minutes.

I'm becoming increasingly worried. Can someone please help me or point me in the right direction to what might be happening.. I've read about migraines - but I'm unsure because it could be many other things.

Thank you for any information you might be able to give me,
Danny.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2011, 06:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Vision Strange, Mild Headache & Tightness - Please Help

Have you researched "Migraine Aura"?

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Old 10-13-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
(male)

dannyboy90 HB User

Hi Machaon,

I have, however Migraine Auras don't tend to last this long, plus I've had auras before and they were a lot more intense and lasted a brief period of time.. What I'm experiencing is a more surreal sensation combined with a slightly dizzy feeling. It's hard to pin point a good description.

Thanks for you help though.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

I get the migraine auras without the headache. They are kinda like Christmas lights, sometimes forming in a C, sometimes not; and then they slowly make their way across the vision in both eyes until they disappear off the edge. I can usually tell they are coming on because my eyesight gets out of focus.

However, as you said, they don't usually last days, just hours.

I think that mine come from too much sugar/carbs in my diet.

It does make me wonder if your's is not a long-lasting Migraine Aura?? What with the sensitivity to light, and the vision disturbance. I assume that your vision problems happen equally in both eyes?

⇒ I avoid common ordinary but unhealthy household items
⇒ Balanced, healthy diet
⇒ Exercise
⇒ I alter my Circadian Rhythm
⇒ I LOVE COREG!

Old 10-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
(male)

dannyboy90 HB User

Yes it happens all over my eyes. It's like my vision is grainy. Throughout the day its intensity changes.. Usually starts happening when I look at bright areas or go outside for example. I'm starting to think it maybe to do with screens. I do spend a lot of time on the computer.

Closed Thread