It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
(female)

vicky232 HB User
Unexplained stomach cramps? Any ideas?

Hi everyone, not too sure if this is the right place to post but I couldn't find a stomach related board!

Basically, two weeks ago I suffered from a severe, sharp pain across my stomach constantly for two days. Eating made the pain worse and I was unable to stand up fully straight. It moves all the way across my stomach, just underneath my ribs, but is mostly on the right side. If I press on my right side it hurts the left and vice-versa. On the third day I woke up feeling perfectly fine and convinced myself it had just been a stomach bug and nothing was wrong. I'd had no vomiting or diarrhoea, I'd been drinking enough water and 'bowel movements' were perfectly normal.

However, over the past two weeks the pain has been on and off, not as painful as it first was but enough to make day-to-day activities a lot more uncomfortable than usual. Today however the pain has been just as bad as those first two days if not worse, and there's an accompanying feeling of nausea and when the pain is bad enough I feel dizzy. The pain has began spreading to my lower back and every so often I feel a sharp shooting pain up the left side of my ribs.

I spoke to the NHS direct helpline and they told me to take paracetamol and if the pain worsens or persists I should ring the out of hours helpline. I've taken paracetamol but all it did was get rid of my headache as opposed to the crippling stomach pain so I'm out of ideas. I feel foolish ringing the out of hours helpline and the doctors are closed until Monday morning, has anyone got any ideas? I'd be really grateful if you could give me any clue as to what's wrong!

Thank you!

Last edited by vicky232; 10-21-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #2
(female)

Cindy89 HB User
Re: Unexplained stomach cramps? Any ideas?

hi Vicky:
It could be ulcers or h.pylori infection. the best way to find out is to go to the doctor. I had the same kind of cramps and was diagonised wth h.pylori. still struggling with it. good luck

Closed Thread