It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
(male)

Gymgymgym91 HB User
Can anybody help???

Hello I am a healthy male of 20 and last night experienced somthing strange and was wondering if anybody could help.

I woke in the night extremely suddenly to a very tense atmosphere. I straight away found that I could not move my arms or legs even slightly. I could move my eyes, but even breathing seemed restricted. I woke facing the wall but for an unknown reason felt a VERY strong urge/need to turn and face behind me, which I couldn't atall. There was also a very strange noise which I can't remember now but at the time was very confused. I also felt as if my head were pushed down into the pillow. although there was no pain, the experience had a very extreme sense of threat and placed a horrific atmosphere into the room. I do not remember what happened after of I regained my movement or if I fell asleep. Of anybody has heard of this or experienced similar things please let me know? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
(female)

sleepytee HB Usersleepytee HB User
Re: Can anybody help???

I'm thinking Cataplexy, a paralyzed feeling. Recent news has 2 parts of narcolepsy. One that we all know of; falling asleep without warning. But also going into REM sleep quickly. But doing it in the middle of the night...I don't know. Maybe reading up on Narcolpsy or sleeping issues would help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Can anybody help???

Almost certainly, sleep paralysis. Used to happen to my ex all the time. Scary as anything, but harmless.

Stress and disrupted sleep patterns may make it happen more often, but no one knows why it happens to some people and not others.

Closed Thread