It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
(female)

GRIZtheninja HB User
Exclamation Burning in right nostril?

I'd say about 3-4 weeks ago I began getting this odd sensation that felt kind of like buzzing/pressure on the right side of my head and the right side of my head only. I eventually went to the doctor after a week of it. The doctor instantly diagnosed it as shingles. She said she saw a rash on the back of my neck and down my back. I looked, and I told her I think that is because I was scratching myself. (throughout the time I was waiting, I was rubbing the right side of my head and neck because it was bothering me.) I was prescribed antiviral medicine and sent on my way.

I took the prescription until it ran out and I cannot say I felt any different while I was taking it...I don't really recall feeling anything.
The following day after I stopped taking it, I began getting pain in the back of my head on the right side, down my neck and onto my shoulder. I got scared thinking it is a brain aneurysm, but I am not really having any physical signs, plus the aching is not REALLY painful, just bothering. That lasted about two days up until yesterday were it eventually moved up to above my right eye and in my left temple. I took ibuprofen to see it worked before I jumped to the hospital.

I went to sleep last night after taking the ibuprofen and I woke up feeling initially fine but now I have this constant burning in my right nostril. It kind of feels like I have to sneeze, but I don't. I am really concerned that these symptoms are not shingles.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread