It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
(male)

abrogard HB User
What About Worms In The Knee?

I have never been able to find any discussion of worms in the knee.

But in the past a couple of times I saw rock wallabies that had been shot cut up before my eyes and when they were disjointed at the knee the knee was found to be full of worms.

With such a plethora of mysterious knee ailments about I thought I'd find this aspect mentioned liberally right there up front in the diagnosing stage as something to be checked for.

But I fail to find any mention at all.

Not that I'm a professional, may not be searching on the right criteria and don't have access to professional databases.

Anyone have any comment on this?

regards,

ab

Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: What About Worms In The Knee?

Every parasite has a specific host and within that host, specific tissues that support it. I have come across at least 1 that does affect the joints but they don't fill up with worms. They get into the tissues around the joints such as tendons.

Obviously the worm that affects the rock wallaby does not infest humans. Humans mostly have parasites in the intestinal track, the blood and other fluids(spinal fluid for example), skin, lungs and urinary tract.

I know you are in Australia and the parasites are different so I would go investigate what human parasites are there and if they infest human joints and their fluid. They don't seem to here. Perhaps the lack of talk of joint worms is because they just don't like our joints and go elsewhere where the environment is less hostile. I imagine the threat of being ground up by a big knee joint every day would not be as hospitable as a nice cozy warm brain or gut.

Perhaps the large knee joints of the wallaby is a good environment and our knees are not...it can be that simple. Parasites don't go where they don't have a chance to multiply and flourish.

Jenny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread