It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
(female)

TheHermit HB User
Unhappy White Bump in Back of throat, no pain?

My boyfriend is a bit of a hypochondriac, so when he told me he felt like there was a lump in his throat, I thought he was just over thinking the feeling of swallowing. However just now he showed me an odd white bump on the left side of his throat, right beside or on the tonsils (I know this sounds dumb but I've never had problems with tonsils - they're what kinda resemble 'curtains' beside the big dangling thing back there, right? Ugh, I feel dumb having to confirm that). He gives me mixed answers when he's upset about something, so I think he said that he doesn't feel pain but he can feel the lump.

Also, that dangly thingy, it's really big. Like, long and wide and looks almost swollen but he told me that it's always been that way. He is a smoker, and he did eat spicy food last night, and I think he only noticed the bump today, and he isn't very healthy lately (he's been stressed and not sleeping or eating well).

He doesn't get bad breath either so it's not that debris-in-the-tonsils thing. Could it be a canker/ulcer sort of thing? He hasn't gotten one before, not that he's noticed, or he wouldn't be so worked up about it.

Last edited by TheHermit; 11-27-2011 at 12:35 AM.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
(female)

Daisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB UserDaisy65 HB User
Re: White Bump in Back of throat, no pain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHermit View Post
My boyfriend is a bit of a hypochondriac, so when he told me he felt like there was a lump in his throat, I thought he was just over thinking the feeling of swallowing. However just now he showed me an odd white bump on the left side of his throat, right beside or on the tonsils (I know this sounds dumb but I've never had problems with tonsils - they're what kinda resemble 'curtains' beside the big dangling thing back there, right? Ugh, I feel dumb having to confirm that). He gives me mixed answers when he's upset about something, so I think he said that he doesn't feel pain but he can feel the lump.

Also, that dangly thingy, it's really big. Like, long and wide and looks almost swollen but he told me that it's always been that way. He is a smoker, and he did eat spicy food last night, and I think he only noticed the bump today, and he isn't very healthy lately (he's been stressed and not sleeping or eating well).

He doesn't get bad breath either so it's not that debris-in-the-tonsils thing. Could it be a canker/ulcer sort of thing? He hasn't gotten one before, not that he's noticed, or he wouldn't be so worked up about it.
Sounds like a tonsil stone, they are harmless, however he needs to go to the doctor to get that checked out.

I wish you the best!
hugs
Daisy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread