It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
(male)

mjones98806 HB User
Swollen lymph nodes that won't go away...

I have swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck and no where else on my body that I have noticed. I had one very large lymph node which was biopsied recently. They told me that it was consistent with cat scratch fever. I took the antibiotics yet the lymph nodes remain swollen. I have not been around cats or allergens that I am aware of. I have symptoms including general and consistent fatigue for which I take amphetamine salts. I find that no matter how much sleep I get I can barely get out of bed and never feel rested. My blood work is all normal. I had consistent joint pain and ear infections- tubes put in and removed twice- as a child, I do not know if that is relevant.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #2
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
Re: Swollen lymph nodes that won't go away...

Did they test you for Epstein-Barr Virus? I was having swollen lymph nodes and my doctor checked and saw that I'd been positive for EBV on previous bloodwork (which he'd never told me about! Although I read later than most people test positive for it because it's a very common thing but most people don't know they have it because it stays dormant their whole lives). But I had the same symptoms as you that went along with the swollen lymph nodes- feeling tired all the time, fatigued, headaches... He advised me to take Vitamin B supplements, which usually help when I get a flare-up of the virus.
Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread