It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
(female)

Ashley990 HB User
Exclamation Will my father die?

Thank you for reading. Here's some information,

My father is 41 years old.
About 218 pounds.
About 5'10.
Smokes cigarettes, about half pack to pack a day.

Sunday night everything was normal. My Father was acting a little strange, like hyper almost but it wasn't eyebrow raising. Around 3:15 am monday morning, everyone was sleeping and my father let out a loud, painful scream I then herd my mom call his name and scream for me I went in their room and he was having a seizure. He couldn't focus on me and was sweating badly. He started going on his side and puked up white foam. He came out of it and sat in the living room. I was talking to him and it seemed everything was okay, he kept saying how cold he was. Over and over again. I fell asleep soon after on the floor next to the chair where he was sitting. It couldn't of been more than a half an hour later that he let out another loud scream and woke me up. He was having another seizure this one worse than before.

He went to the hospital by ambulance, I called to check on him and they said he'd be home in an hour. Then they called about an hour later saying he had 2 more seizures and was being admitted to the ICU.

They said he was withdrawing, but took a drug test and he had no drugs or alcohol in his system. They said they needed to keep him sedated, and they were giving him 50 mg of adivan per hour. They said he didn't know who he was or where he was. He wad totally out of it.

He woke up today, they stopped giving him
The drug 34 hours ago. He still seems out if it and seems to be 4 conversations behind me when were talking if that makes sense. They also said hes having a hard time walking, he keeps falling torwRds the left.

Now, my father is an addict, hes been clean since September but he's got a problem with drugs and alcohol. He's had seizures before but his alcohol levels would be through the roof ( I'm talking levels over .40 ) when these occurrd. And this time there was nothing. I'm really scared.

What could it be? Will he be okay? I'm very confused sorry if anything is misspelled I'm on an iPod thank you so much.

The following user gives a hug of support to Ashley990:
Looking4aAnswer (12-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Re: Will my father die?

Hi AshleyMariex0:

Have they run any other tests on your Dad to see if something else might be causing this? I really hope you have some answers soon.

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-02-2011 at 07:39 AM.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
(male)

tariq456 HB User

No one say any thing about death or life .
I want to share two stories my ant was suffer breast cancer for long time and she not died due to this reason besides her health condition going to bad these days .

Other hand my father in law was suffer lung cancer it was start stage of cancer but he died after one week due to cancer .
I only suggest you pray for him

Old 12-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
(female)

Ashley990 HB User

Hello and thank you. Well he had a seizure due to alcohol back in September, he was drinking excessively at that time. They did a brain scan and found a spot on his brain. They found out it was just a scare from the passed seizures.

He's home now. He came home earlier today and has been completely out of it. He knows where he is who everyone is, why he was in the hosptial and when. He can walk but he's very off balance and he thinks he's acting 100% normal, and everything is okay. It's bazar.

When he was in the hospital they were giving him 50 mg if ativan every hour. I called the doctor that was seeing him and he said he's acting the way he is due to all the medicine eventhough he's been off of them for 2 days.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Did anyone check him for possible stroke by CT scan or MRI ? when someone has had a stroke they tend to lean either to the left or right,weakness or paralysis on the side they lean toward,impaired speech(as slurring words or phrases.)

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-03-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
(female)

Ashley990 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
Did anyone check him for possible stroke by CT scan or MRI ? when someone has had a stroke they tend to lean either to the left or right,weakness or paralysis on the side they lean toward,impaired speech(as slurring words or phrases.)

I'm not sure. They said it was definitely a seizure. They never said a thing about a stroke, eventhough it has crossed my mind. Does a stroke look like a seizure ? Because it looked like a seizure.

Thank you for your input!

Closed Thread