It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
(female)

jeffiner71 HB Userjeffiner71 HB User
Ten years ago I had an anterior cervical discectomy and my health went downhill.

I honestly don't know where to turn anymore. I am a 40 year old woman. Ten years ago I had an anterior cervical discectomy which fixed the TERRIBLE pain in my neck, back and arms. Two months later, I got pregnant. I started vomiting and just assumed it was from morning sickness but it lasted the entire pregnancy. It got to the point that I needed to take medication to keep anything down. The vomiting continued for the next seven years and other symptoms developed, dizzy spells, joint pain, fatigue, headaches, chest pain, shortness of breath, blurry vision, irregular mensrual periods, and just feeling plain sick. I went to several doctors that all offered my anxiety medication and sent me on my way. It had nothing to do with anxiety. I was physically ill.

My research prompted me to ask my doctor for a blood test to check for gluten inolerance. It came back slightly positive. I stopped eating gluten and all of my symptoms went away. What a relief. For a year and a half, I was good.

Last spring I started having terrible dizzy spells and balance problems. The spells got worse and eventually the right half of my face would go numb, My right leg would feel like dead weight, my right arm and hand hurt and were weak, the joints in my wrists, toes, and knees hurt, and my legs would sometimes go out from under me. Again, I was always tired and sick feeling.

A holter monitor, heart ultrasound, and brain mri were all good. A cervical spine mri showed ruptured discs in my neck above the old fusion. In September I had two of the three operated on. It fixed the pain and some of the weakness but my face still goes numb. The joints in my toes hurt so bad, it is hard to walk when I get up in the morning. i have small lumps on my toe knuckles. The vomiting started again even though I am gluten free.

My primary care doctor ran blood tests and although some things were elevated, nothing was high enough for him to give it much thought. I have not been back since the vomiting started again. I can predict that I will be sent to a gastro doctor that will give me prilosec and push me out the door. I don't believe that the food even gets to my stomach. I vomit shortly after eating. Sometimes the pain in my chest feels like a heart attack.

I am at a loss. I had an allergist suggest that I had Eosinophilic Esophagitis. I had a biopsy done on my intestines but not esophagus.

Sorry this is so long. I am desperate to feel better and tired of being sick. Any suggestions on where to turn? Does it sound like anything that you have ever heard of?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread