It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
(male)

Monst3rmutt HB User
Unhappy Chest Pain bottom of ribs, back pain, neck pain

Hi
I'm 17 and this started about two weeks ago?†
Well I have been having like pains at the bottom of my ribcage on the left side. They're like sharp-ish pains? Sorry this is hard to explain. Lol. They only occur when I breathe deeply. Well I've probably felt this like 3 or 4 times in my life, but it only lasted for like an hour or i fell asleep and it was gone when I woke up. But anyways, they're constant right now. Have been for about 3-4 days. But they're not unbearable they're just dull sharp pains that come and go throughout the day. But yeah about a month ago I felt them and I kinda freaked out (mixed with anxiety I'm guessing) and went to the ER. So when I got there, they were gone of course and they did an EKG on me and a chest x ray. Both were normal. So I went home. Well about 2 weeks ago Ive noticed that I have a pain in my back that also comes and goes. Well it doesn't really come and go I think that when I move a certain way I can feel it, but it's like a bruised feeling. Like I honestly expected to put my hand back there and feel a knot but nope. It felt normal but it hurt. So I just assumed it was like a pulled muscle and brushed it off. Oh by the way it's also on my left side and it's like under my left shoulder blade toward the center of my back but it's on the left. But anyways I was at a friends house and my neck kinda went numb. Well it felt like it did. On the left side. And it ached. The only thing I could compare it to was like that locked-up cramp feeling but not as tight as a cramp. But yeah my chest was hurting at the same time and I think anxiety took over and i kinda freaked again. This was 3 days ago. I went home and just layed down and took a pain pill (just trying to relax me) and went to bed. So I woke up the next day and when I was driving to school I felt an ache in my neck (left side, of course) and I felt my neck and I felt two big quarter sized lumps. (I assumed those were swollen lympnoids because I had mono in may of this year so I was used to them) and I felt a tightness in my throat (like I did with mono) so I went to the doctor on thursday (2 days ago) and I told him my symptoms and he didn't do any test but he confirmed it was my lympnodes and said it was probably a viral thing and he said to take ibuprofen for pain. Only the lympnodes on my left side of my neck are swollen >_>. †He felt my chest and abdomen and listened to my breathing (I wasn't feeling the chest pains anymore when he done that). So now I'm here. Obviously my doctors not worried, but I am. †Yesterday I noticed I'm getting like 3 zit like bumps up my neck like only on the left side in a row. It's weird as hell.

Additional Info:
-18 year old white guy. Lol (if it matters)
-145lbs
-5'11"

-I really don't know if this matters but: I had mono in may i was sick for like a month and the only complication in that was that when they did a CBC on me I had like 64-80 on platelets. I don't remember the number exactly but it was below 100 †(I think 150 is normal?)††but yeah I had to be checked on that like 5 times.†

-about 3 weeks ago I got "bit by a spider on my leg" which I don't remember getting bit but it got really bad. Like big sore bad. There's still a hole where it's healing (like a creator that's maybe .5cm deep?) but yeah went to doctor, same one to be exact, once again no test but it must be a spider he said. So he put me on antibiotics. Got worse, I came back, now he thinks in MRSA, get hardcore antibiotics, starts healing, now I'm good (besides it itches still but it's good lol †(it's odd cause my dad just had a "lesion" just like it and he didn't remember getting bit either bit his doctor cut it out and sent it off) (I'll attach a pic of my leg when it was bad if I can)†

-I've been having a sharp pain in my head in one certain spot (like a throbbing headache) that comes and goes. But it's probably stress and cause my neck is sore but excetrine has been fixing that.

-I had a fever that night my neck started hurting.†

-my mom has lupus.†

-and I get sick when I do anything. Seriously. I went to a waterpark for like 4 days came home caught mono. Went to Florida for thanksgiving (disneyworld) now I got this. Went scarowinds (south Carolina amusement park) till like 3am and that's the night I went to the ER for the first time. Seriously I can't do anything without getting sick.†

-my hands and feet are ALWAYS cold. Always. And my fingernails and toenails always have a purple tint to them.†

Yeah I mean this is a lot of junk and I really don't mean to sound like everything in the world is wrong with me but this is kinda aggravating. I mean I wanna get this junk fixed and enjoy my senior year in high school and I don't wanna go to the doctor and tell them all this cause he'll probably think I'm crazy or paranoid and put me on anxiety meds lol. (I'm really not paranoid or have anxiety problems lol) Well if you have any questions for me just ask. Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread