It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #1
(male)

Rylemur HB User
Muscles feel like they are covered in bumps

I don't know if it is related but i am on hormone therapy and take testosterone.

I have very hard muscles. I don't look really defined but the hormone therapy has made me develop alot of muscle all over my body and my legs are no exception. They feel basically rock solid (not trying to brag or anything. I am not even that interested in having large muscles) but when i drag my finger across the muscles or push down it feels like my muscles are covered in/made of small beads. They are all about the same size and it is impossible to count them. They are like small pea sized balls all perfectly round feeling. What is this? I heard it was from the muscles needing to be stretched but the source of that information has no real knowledge on the subject so i think that is all speculation. Please let me know if you know what this might be.

I am 22 years old and not particularly overweight and overall fairly healthy. I have an underactive thyroid that i take levothyroxine for and i take testosterone gel and injections (prescribed for hormone therapy).

Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Muscles feel like they are covered in bumps

not too certain other than the need for thyropid therpy as to why you are taking the other stuff you mentioned(posssible low T or something else considering the other hormones also being injected)? either way, the very BEST thing you can do for yourself, and to simply find some type of answers for what you are actually 'feeling' upon palpating your own muscle would be to seriously see your primary doc. what you need is for your own DOC to also feel/ palpate what you are feeling and do some more specific types of labwork on you to see where other things, esp the labs related to muscle actually are too. just getting the basic labs done would hopefully show at least what the overall functions are of specific things like organs,along with actual metabolic levels among other things.

this IS what i would be doing if i were feeling what you are right now. there are just certain things that 'only' can be found out fully by seeing our docs. what someone told you about this 'beaded' feeling actually being there 'only' because you need to actually stretch the muscle, is BS. it is the underlying 'muscle spindles' that usually are what need to be stretched out from time to time(this also rids muscle of build up of lactic acid), and from what i can recall, they actually run in the same long way the muscles run(not 'sideways thru muscle)? so, in essence, YOU would not be able to actually 'feel them' no matter what the muscle 'does or does not do, ya know what i mean? and this would NOT give you what you are describing.

but there are certain conditions and disease processes that will 'only' affect and impact muscle that just DO really need to be ruled out in you BY your doc, along with some testing done. even if this is not an actual disease process, simply 'feeling' what you stated about in the muscle, really DOES need a doc to fully even know what just may be the underlying reason(s) for this too.

when you absolutely NEED a real true diagnosis/reasons for something, honestly, getting in to simply see our docs really IS the very BEST way to handle it. in some cases, the time we take in trying to 'find' info on the net(which can also lead us in a totally different direction of what IS actually going on, or scare the crap out of us over something we do NOT actually have), or just not wanting to actually know, CAN impact progression of whatever is going on as well. so getting in as soon as you 'feel" anything is simply not at all 'right' in any areas of our bodies is almost always the best way to handle things.

you just really DO need to know what is causing this to occur at all simply becasue it is NOT at all 'normal'. hopefully your doc will be able to help give you 'some' good info and answers just with an eval done and bloodwork too. but this is the route that really is what makes the most sense right now. it just 'sounds' very odd to say the least, in what you actually are feeling in your muscles. i do wish you luck and hope you will keep me posted on what you find. this also DOES help others along the way too with 'their' possible muscle issues whenever anyone does come back and reports what they found out in 'thier own' medical situation. take care and see that doc. FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread