Hey, thanks for reading! I've spent 2 years trying to figure out what's wrong with me and have spent soooo much money seeing numerous docs who aren't much help and think I'm crazy since I'm young and (with pounds of makeup) LOOK healthy... I can't keep spending money freely until someone decides to take me seriously, so please check out my list of symptoms and if you've got an idea of what could be wrong, let me know! Thank you very much! First, my stats
- 29 years old, 5'5", 125 lbs., appendectomy in a 3rd world country at 18. Ailments that run in my family
- Diabetes, the type that requires insulin daily. Skin cancer, bowel cancer, gallbladder disease. Tests/treatments I've had
- Several blood work panels, stool cultures, the famous 'oscopies' dealing with the digestive track, and....That's it. Docs won't test anything else because they think I'm dumb and my test results indicate I'm healthy as a horse! The only treatment I've tried is to curb my relentless diarrhea, lomotil and cholestyramine are not very effective unfortunately. Symptoms
Since I was a kid
- Constant, extremely chapped lips, despite plenty of fluids. Constant icy cold hands and feet. Uncomfortable, burning, acidic stomach when hungry. These symptoms continue to this day. Past 15 years
- Extreme fatigue; In high school I was in bed by 9 each night and took naps every free afternoon I had. I'm still tired. Also diagnosed with sport induced asthma, used an inhaler in high school, haven't had any asthma symptoms investigated since, though they do still definitely exist when I exert myself. Past 10 years
- a LOT of hair shedding and breakage; my hair doesn't even look like human hair, it's so dry and wiry and thin. Skin in groin area and very top of thighs is brown; the rest of my body is alien-white. Past 5 years
- Fatigue even worse than before; I can sleep entire weekends away, only waking to eat and use the restroom and I'm still tired! Always feel weak, as if getting up from a chair is a huge chore for my body. Past 2 years
- Chronic, persistent diarrhea; This is a constant struggle EVERY day of my life now. Every time I eat, my stomach immediately begins to churn and grumble and make LOUD noises that other people find amusing. The diarrhea ranges from very soft brown stool, to pure yellow water that gushes out after two bites of food. I treat this symptom daily with Imodium (Gastro doc said it's okay) and my stools are still very soft and urgent and my stomach is always upset by food. Stools also morphed from my normal darker brown to light brown, to orangey-light brown to yellowish-light brown. Have kept a food diary for 6 months one time, 3 months another time, and though very detailed, no patterns can be determined in what I eat and the results.
I experience hot flashes while sleeping at night where I wake up sweating. Often times people who bump into me tell me I'm really hot (Not looks-wise, unfortunately
) and I often will have random flushes where my face and chest become bright red and I get very hot and a bit sweaty. Nothing triggers this - it happens when I'm sitting at my desk at work or when I'm watching my favorite show on t.v.
My last symptom that developed 2 years ago one day and hasn't changed, is that I have 5 or so black spots in the vision of my right eye. They are permanent and do not 'float', as they are stationary and always in the middle and peripheral of my vision. Oh, and I've developed some heavy duty acne on the sides of my face. Lovely!
It's extremely rare that I experience any pain, bloating, or gas. The only pain I can recall is a molten, burning stomach when it's empty, and a strange pain behind the bottom of my left rib cage that comes and go randomly. I have not lost weight despite the diarrhea since my appetite is ravenous and I constantly eat, often times more than my 6 foot husband. I have gained about 5 lbs as a result of the excessive eating and lack of physical exertion.
If anyone has any ideas about what area I should delve into, please share! I feel as if I've aged so much since I turned 27, turning into a 90 year old overnight. Thyroid, maybe? Diabetes? Cortisol? Gallbladder disease?
I've blown so much time and money trying to get a diagnosis but everyone seems clueless or dismissive.