It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
(female)

Mountain Mama HB User
Memory Loss, Ringing Ears

My husband just turned 40. In the last year he has experienced memory loss and has a constant ringing in his ears. He has had a general physical and other than slightly elevated blood pressure he is in good health. He just had a complete thyroid work up as thyroid issues are common in his family and we know his symptoms can be caused by that by those results just came back completely normal.

Any ideas what to look at next?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
Re: Memory Loss, Ringing Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Mama View Post
My husband just turned 40. In the last year he has experienced memory loss and has a constant ringing in his ears. He has had a general physical and other than slightly elevated blood pressure he is in good health. He just had a complete thyroid work up as thyroid issues are common in his family and we know his symptoms can be caused by that by those results just came back completely normal.

Any ideas what to look at next?
The memory loss can be from the ear ringing and low levels of b12..so hard to focus. They are so many reason for the ringing. I would suggest ask doctor to check b12 levels. If your doc is nice just ask for a B12 shot. I went through ringing and had no clue and in my journey one doc gave a me a b12 shot and I noticed it helped. I have been getting them for years now. I was on aciphex (apparently these stomach meds block absorptions of b12 and calcium and who knows what else). I would also suggest besides the b12 shot to take lipo-flavinoids for the ear (its a maroonand white box vitamins aimed for ear ringing). Take vitamin D and Stop all caffiene and go on a low salt diet. This worked..but be patient it will take a little time. A running fan is helpful to sleep. i did have to stop the stomach meds. The b12 part is a must in this equation.

The Following User Says Thank You to itburns2004 For This Useful Post:
Mountain Mama (01-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

His BP meds could be causing some of his symptoms. Is he taking any other meds?

Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
(female)

Mountain Mama HB User

He does not take anything other than a fish oil supplement and a daily vitamin.

Closed Thread