It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
(male)

Ryan1988 HB User
Palpitations/anxiety/stomach? Help!

Hi I have come to this site looking or answers and still haven't found much to go by so anyone with previous personal experiences that can relate to my problem
Would be a bonus!

Basically for the past 5 years I have suffered massively with heart palpitations. You name it, it's happened. Skipped heartbeats, flip flops, racing heart, very slow heartbeat but really hard as well, alternating fast and slow! Anyway I've been to the docs, had ECG, bloods, holter, everything OK. The obvious query with that is that nothing seems to happen when I am being monitored my heart doesn't want to play ball! Anyway besides that I have been suffering badly with panic attacks, have had this since I was as young as 10 but got worse as got older. They stop me from doing a lot as it got the point where I ha one at the gym - ain't been there since. Again been to a+e numerous times - all normal. Now I've kind of just got used to the fact that this could all be anxiety related but i ain't convinced. Since I was very young I have had excessive wind and acid reflux. To be fair I'm not overweight 6"3 15 stone but my diet ain't great. Tonight I have woke up with my heart pounding, sweating but also bad acid reflux. When my heart pounds like this it feels like its rubbing on something in the sternum part of my chest which is uncomfortable. I was born with a hiatus hernia which never got rremoved.

Could this all be linked? Night sweats, palps, acid reflux? There has to be someone who can help me on this!

Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
(female)

Ninzi HB User
Re: Palpitations/anxiety/stomach? Help!

Hi ryan.
Iv suffered with panic attacks for a while now. Its amazing what your body can do.. iv had numb arms and legs, palps, vomiting, fainting.. etc etc! If ur worried see ur doc but it all just seems to be anxiety related. i know when im worried over something i make all the symptoms worse through anxiety. sometimes the only way to stop it is to have the doc check u out and give u the all clear. I dont no if ur taking anything for ur attacks but it might be an idea to enquire with your doc about some sort of relaxers..

Old 01-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
(female)

Sachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB UserSachimi HB User
Re: Palpitations/anxiety/stomach? Help!

It sounds like the hiatial hernia is causing some of your symptoms, but you're worrying about it - that anxiety causes more symptoms, and the more you worry the worst it becomes. Ask your GP for an anti-anxiety medication, and also see if you can get something for ( what sounds like ) some acid reflux / indigestion.

If going to the gym is stressful ( don't want other people watching, which I can understand! ), then do some light exercise at home. There's quite a bit that you can do, and even things like games ( Nintendo Wii, etc ) that make it fun too. I'd suggest something like basic yoga, which helps calm you. Do try to eat better too, a good diet will definitely help. If you need help ( finances aren't conducive to buying better food? don't know what is healthy? ) there's a hundred places online that can help with that. I'm sure parts of this forum can too. And finally, make sure you're drinking enough water!

Closed Thread