It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
(male)

MadMed HB User
Feeling like i need to burp, but just feels like vomit. Why?

I've had this for just about a month now. Sometimes it feels like I have gas. It feels like i need to burp. But when I think it's going to come out, and I pressure it to force it out, i tiny amount of what seems like vomit comes out. It's very irritating and i want to know what the problem is. From what i've read, it can be one of two things:
1) Indigestion
2) Illness (I know it seems quite vague)
Also, it may not be related, but every now and then I feel just below my stomach rumbling, as though gasses are being passed through. After a bit, I get a very faint sensation to pass gas (fart, if you will). But I feel like I always have to force it out. And when I do, it's always a tiny "bubble" of gas. Think they're related or something's different?
All help appreciated.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
(male)

MadMed HB User
Re: Feeling like i need to burp, but just feels like vomit. Why?

Edit: Another possible reason i read up on was stress. Anything to go on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Sounds like acid regurgitation. It's fairly common, a symptom of indigestion. Unless it gets worse, I wouldn't worry too much. If certain foods seem to make it worse, avoid those foods.

Old 01-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
(female)

cyntera HB User

Having suffered from chronic acid reflux, I'd say also to monitor your symptoms. Pay attention when you get this feeling. If it's only after eating certain foods, you could try an antacid before or after you eat those foods or simply stay away from them.

If it ends up being chronic (for example I can get acid reflux from almost anything. My stomach just produces more acid it seems) then you may want to speak with your doctor and be referred to a Gastroenterologist for GERD or acid reflux disease. They will prescribe you a daily medication to help lower/eliminate those problems. You will still need to adjust your diet though.

Good luck!

Last edited by cyntera; 01-22-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #5
(female)

paddygirl HB User

it does sound like indigestion/acid reflux type issues a fairly harmless aid for this is to take 1 or 2 psyllium hull capsules with each meal, it worked wonders for my mother as she has acid reflux and was going through a mountain of antacids. taking them with the food is important though as it is them with the food combining that stops the regurge as it binds acids. it is also excellent for constipation. it is an incredibly cheap solution and far far cheaper than antacids and medications from your doctor which have some pretty awful side affects. hope this helps!

Closed Thread