It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User
so scared. can not stand living this way anymore

i am a 20 year old female. 2 1/2 months ago i was forcefully dry heaving (dont ask way please) and all of a sudden in the middle of it my head became really foggy. when i say foggy i mean i feel i feel like iv had a few drinks ALL the time. it never goes away, its always there. along with headaches and tiredness. i have gotten a ct and spinal tap (normal) and blood work (normal) i so scared. i cant live my life like this. its so hard to want to do anything. getting harder to work and im scared it will ruin my relationship. its all i think about. i look stuff up all day which acually makes it worse because i see stuff about people feeling like this for years and having no idea what it is. PLEASE i need any kind of help. im scared for my life. im not a depressed person but this has made me depressed. one minute i have hope the next i brake down and cry scared that this will be my life. please do not ignore this post. i need your help. remember this all started from forceful dry heaving. what did i do to myself? was that the acual cause? i dont know. please. help. thank you

Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
Re: so scared. can not stand living this way anymore

Did you have a MRI of your brain?

Please don't force yourself to throw up again. Stop it. Period. doing that is not good for you. I've been there and it is so hard on the internal organs.

(((Big Hugs))) and keep trying to find out whats going on.

~Belle~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

i know i thought nothing of it but i regret in more than anything now. ugh it is the scarest thing in the world not knowing if you will ever feel normal again and be able to have your life back. i have not had a MRI yet. doctors wont let me but i finally have a apt tomorrow with a neurologist and hopefully he will let me get one.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

It is a good move going for a MRI. It is scary when you don't know whats going on and I can tell you I mentally kicked myself for quite sometime.

~Belle~

Old 02-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

nothing showed on my cat scan though. how could dry heaving cause all this? ugh

Old 02-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

nothing showed on my cat scan though and how could dry heaving have done something to my brain or anything? ugh i dont get it

Old 02-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

Have you checked out the anxiety board? You might have made yourself dizzy at the time, but have now gone to the anxious side of life, that's assuming that you are tested and everything comes back as normal. Anxiety can cause real, physical symptoms but can be treated like any other illness. Just a thought as a possibility to explore.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

thanks but i really dont think thats it. i was mostly stress free, so happy and then this dry heaving trigger something

Old 02-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #9
(male)

souriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB Usersouriya123 HB User

its not likely that the dry heaving was the cause, its more likely that both the dry heaving and how you feel are caused by the same thing,dont discount anxiety or depression a lot of people spend years looking for other answeres because they cant accept they have depression/anxiety

Old 02-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

luca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB Userluca689 HB User

The only reason I mentioned it is because I have family that suffers from anxiety and had many of the same symptoms you mention. They are perfectly happy people with no depression or stress, just that pesky anxiety. What did your Dr's have to say about your results and your symptoms? Did they have any suggestions on where to go from here?

Old 02-16-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

nope she said shes not a miracle worker....so iv been trying to find a new doctor. i was acually on an anxiety med when this all happeneed. i got off of it about a month ago because when they did my blood work my liver was a little off and the stuff i was on was not good for your liver (prozac) but the doctors said the liver has nothing to do with why i feel this way

Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

only reason i think it is something with muscles or anything is because of how this happenedl, forceful dry heaving and bam it happened :/

Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Have you thought that it might be withdrawals from the prozac?

Purging is so hard hard hard on the body.

Hang in there because your doctors should find out soon whats going on

~Belle~

Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

lilnewk HB User

cant be the withdrawal because it happened a month before i got off of it. thank you for trying to help! i really hope that no more doctors just kick me to the side and act like its nothing.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Again, I doubt very much that dry heaving would cause headaches so that may just have been coincidental. Have you had the hematology labs done, in addition to the chemistry? Have you had your thyroid levels checked as well as immunolgy done? Have you had your eyes checked, both for vision and physical? Are you on any other meds that might have side effects? Do you stay well hydrated? Just a few more thoughts, in addition to anxiety, to maybe look into, though again, I'm not a Dr.

Closed Thread