It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
(female)

myducati HB User
My Doctors are Not Helping Me.

I'll try to keep this short, but sorry in advance if this becomes long.

I'm 23 years old. About two years ago I got fed up with my migraines and went to the doctor. She did a lyme test and found out I've had lyme for quite some time. I got a catheter to treat this and honestly, almost a year later, I still don't feel any better. I had to stop working so that I could focus on the two college classes I was taking in order to graduate. I somehow did graduate and am trying to get a job; I bomb every interview and it is NOT nerves.

I still have migraines (every single day), and although my doc sent me to a neuro, I stopped going. With the lyme going on, it was o exhausting just trying out different medications every few weeks. It was wearing me down. I had an MRI done which showed a cyst (forgot which kind) which they thought was there since I was born. I had one more 6 months later showing no change. I'm not a doctor and who knows if there is a correlation, but my cyst shows in the same location (temple) where my migraines hit me.

I'm on Cymbalta to deal with my constant pain and the depression I feel into from dealing with so much. It's been a few months and I know I am not depressed, and I honestly don't know if Cymbalta is helping me.

I saw my doc again a few weeks ago to refill my Cymbalta. She asked how I was doing and I told her how I'm always tired, can't concentrate, lose my words, etc. Her reply? You're depressed. I told her, NO I'm not but she just pressed on with this. I got very frustrated especially w/trying to explain to her how I'm trying to get a job now that I've graduated (despite how I feel, I still have to have an income, of course) and have been fired for seeming "spacey". I forget things within seconds and have a hard time understanding things these days.

I feel like crap and I don't know what else to do. Before I had been OK'd for my lyme treatment, I had to have a spinal tap, and then a blood patch where they had a student do it; ever since I have extreme pain literally in my lower spine. Because of this, I can't stand for long amounts of time.

I don't know what to do. I know I need to see another doctor but I'm afraid they're going to write me off the way my current doc did. I am at my wits end. I'm so afraid to get back into the cycle of going to this dr, then that dr, round and round with no progress or answers.

What do you guys suggest? I just want to get on with my life but I can't while I feel like this all the time.

Thanks for reading this, sorry it ended up so long.

The following user gives a hug of support to myducati:
BelleoftheSouth (02-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
Re: My Doctors are Not Helping Me.

Actually what you're going through is something that would bring on depression. I don't know how you've managed with lyme and migraines(I think I've had maybe 3 migraines in my life and I hope to never have another)

You can fire your doctor and go to a new doctor and please know that not all doctors are from the same cookie cutter. A new Doctor knows you're there because you disagree with your old doctor and the new doctor will want to try to keep you as a patient so they work closer to find out whats going on with you.

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon

~Belle~

Closed Thread