It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
(female)

lJaneDoel HB User
I'm aging overnight.

I really didn't know what forum to put this in, because I have a few different issues that kind of tie in together.

Anyway, I'm 20 years old and I have been aging quite a bit recently. I don't drink, smoke, or lay out in the sun. The thing that bugs me the most are the gray hairs cropping up on my head every day. It's embarrassing. I don't want to appear old to my peers. Yeah, I know hair dye can fix it but it's the principle of the matter. It makes ME feel old.

Recently I have also noticed my skin is wrinkling. At first it was just a few fine lines here and there. I bought Neutrogena products and put the anti wrinkle eye cream on my face. It didn't work, in fact it made my skin look thin and strange in that area.

My skin is dry, and recently it was getting flaky so I decided to put a sunscreen/moisturizer on my face. I made the mistake of mixing cetaphil and neutrogena. It literally ate away at my face, leaving me with a scab and what looks like a sunburn under my eyes. At that moment my skin dried up, and when I smiled or made facial movements I noticed 80 year old wrinkles appeared almost immediately.

My skin has gotten worse. You can see patches of dry, flaking skin. It itches, and when I try to put creams on it I feel like my skin is being rubbed up against a cheese grater. The wrinkles are appearing badly now as a result.

Idk what to do. I'm afraid to put anything on my face, and it's been a week and I haven't healed. What are some good, gentle creams that might repair the damage I have done to myself? I plan on seeing a dermatologist. In the meantime though idk what to do. I feel terrible about my appearance.

The following user gives a hug of support to lJaneDoel:
Harmony60 (04-01-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
(female)

joyce8844 HB User
Smile Re: I'm aging overnight.

My dear Friend
I can only imagine how distressed you are.
However I think it is important to first see a Dermatologist,as you have mentioned,before you put anything onto your face
The Doctor might also recommend an Endrocrinologist to check on hormone levels.That pesky Thyroid is responsible for a lot of skin woes!
Also keep in mind that as sensitive beings we often see our minor flaws extremely magnified.
Speak with a trusted friend or relative for support when you go for your appointments
Wishing you all the best
Please keep in touch
Joyceveronica

Old 03-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #3
(male)

amike25 HB User
Re: I'm aging overnight.

hello, theres some skin care that doesnt have any harsh preservatives or dangerous chemicals out there i know of some skin care thats light and perfect for sensitive skin i use it myself because i have extremely dry skin so wrinkles and dryness was very noticeable but after using that skin care it helped me out a lot!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:51 AM   #4
(male)

bowdee HB User

Maybe you got a skin allergy or something. It's not aging as you think, it is a skin disorder that should be treated right way before any complications occurs. Before trying any skin care products out there better consult a doctor first so he can examine your skin and give you the right medicine.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #5
(female)

awareness share HB User
Wink Re: I'm aging overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lJaneDoel View Post
I really didn't know what forum to put this in, because I have a few different issues that kind of tie in together.

Anyway, I'm 20 years old and I have been aging quite a bit recently. I don't drink, smoke, or lay out in the sun. The thing that bugs me the most are the gray hairs cropping up on my head every day. It's embarrassing. I don't want to appear old to my peers. Yeah, I know hair dye can fix it but it's the principle of the matter. It makes ME feel old.

Recently I have also noticed my skin is wrinkling. At first it was just a few fine lines here and there. I bought Neutrogena products and put the anti wrinkle eye cream on my face. It didn't work, in fact it made my skin look thin and strange in that area.

My skin is dry, and recently it was getting flaky so I decided to put a sunscreen/moisturizer on my face. I made the mistake of mixing cetaphil and neutrogena. It literally ate away at my face, leaving me with a scab and what looks like a sunburn under my eyes. At that moment my skin dried up, and when I smiled or made facial movements I noticed 80 year old wrinkles appeared almost immediately.

My skin has gotten worse. You can see patches of dry, flaking skin. It itches, and when I try to put creams on it I feel like my skin is being rubbed up against a cheese grater. The wrinkles are appearing badly now as a result.

Idk what to do. I'm afraid to put anything on my face, and it's been a week and I haven't healed. What are some good, gentle creams that might repair the damage I have done to myself? I plan on seeing a dermatologist. In the meantime though idk what to do. I feel terrible about my appearance.
look for environmental triggers, like food, water, cleaners, stress, wireless...did you go from a country pure water source to city chemically modified to make it safe to drink water? they sell shower filters that you can put on yourself. i would stop as many sources of concern you can.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

captjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB Usercaptjane HB User

The grey hair thing can just be genetic. In my family I have siblings and cousins who started getting grey hairs in their 20s including me, my father was the same and went grey young. I also have a brother who was completely grey before 40 so sometimes it's just in the genes.

Your wrinkles are from having very dry skin which means you're stripping the natural oil and coating away with your face washes. That will also make your skin itchy. You may be a bit allergic to soaps but mostly your skin is very dry and the products you are using on your face are either too harsh or used to often for your skin type.

Last edited by captjane; 04-03-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Closed Thread