It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
(female)

panthers23 HB User
Stomach pain in right side - please help!

hi!

i've been having this sharp pain in my right side since saturday only when i bend certain ways or (tmi) strain to have a bowel movement. Along with it, I've been constipated and feeling incredibly nauseas. My stomach just doesn't feel right either. It's making so much noise and basically flips out whenever I eat something. I can also pinpoint a tender spot about an inch under my right rib. I went to a doctor on campus and she kind of blew it off, they are never reliable there though. My mom works in a hospital and from my symptoms, she thought gallbladder. My doctor did order bloodwork and an inflammation test and everything came back normal. But I know this pain isn't normal and I doubt she does anything about it. Today I've also had a new pain on my back left side, like right on my hip bone. Any ideas? Any suggestions as to what I should do too? Thanks!

Last edited by panthers23; 04-03-2012 at 08:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
(female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
Re: Stomach pain in right side - not appendix!

sounds to me like you need more fiber in your diet. being constipated all of the time can cause a host of different pains and symptoms. there's a condition called irritable bowel syndrome. it's nothing serious...but can be discerning. sometimes you have loose bowels...sometimes constipated, sometimes normal. it's like an inflammation. i think some people refer to it as a cranky bowel. but you should nip the constipation with a higher fiber diet or you'll end up with hemorroids and you certainly don't want them. you get those from too much pushing. try metamucil....low doses at first until your body adjusts to it and then keep increasing a bit. you'll find it will regulate you and you won't need the heave ho every morning. good luck and let me know how things go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Stomach pain in right side - not appendix!

Sounds like gallbladder. You will need an ultrasound and possibly a HIDA Scan.

Closed Thread

Tags
constipation, nausea, stomach pain