It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
(female)

Lolpigs HB User
Need some Advice

Hi All,

Was wanting to know some opinions.. In feb last year I got bit up quite badly by bird mites after dusting my chickens we had at the time.
Not long afterwards I started to get twingles, sharp stabbing sensations like someone sticking a pin into me? These can be quite painful, *****ling sensations, itching, tingling, crawling sensations and recently pins and needles in my hands and feet that come and go. This is all over my body bottoms of feet and palms included.

This has come and gone for the last 12 months, most recently starting again this feb and I'm currently still suffering. There was no really trigger for it, just seemed to put on my clothes for the day and there it was. I was pregnant last year and unable to really do anything about it, and Dr's blamed the pregnancy for it then, however 3 months after the birth of my daughter it is back.

There is no rash and no more mites (we have moved since then and dont have the chickens anymore) however I still have this issue. Noone else in my house including my new baby are affected so I know its not any other kind of bug. I'm thinking it might have been a conicidence? But I don't know.

I have no rash or any kind, its like my nerves are firing off for no good reason and the pins and needles is starting to worry me. The itching flares and receeds as well yesturday was very bad, today not so bad. I'm currently seeing a dermotologist who is trying phototherapy but TBH it just makes me more itchy and I can feel my nerves firing off when I'm having the treatment and itch badly for about 24hours afterwards.

Does this sound like neuropathy? This is happening all over my body, not in any paticular spot and ranges from mild to very distressing.

All blood test and things are negative for any of those kinds of things, it dosent respond to conventional treatments (anthihistamines and things) no food allergies I'm aware off, and I am yet to see a neurologist as I have to wait for the dermotologist to refer me to one.

Can this kind of event trigger sensory neuropathy?

Thanks guys, this is making me pretty miserable

Last edited by Lolpigs; 04-21-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Need some Advice

Research "Nerve Hyper-Sensitivity" and see if you find possible cause of your problem.

Sometimes after surgery or possibly other things the nervous system can cause problems that you have no control over, will cause various things to happen.

After shoulder surgery the nervous system caused my feet to "sweat" or I should say flood water until I was sloshing in my shoes. Surgeon told me there was nothing I could do about it (we cannot control that part of the nervous system) and it could last up to a year. Fortunately after 8 months I am not sloshing in my shoes, but feet are still sweating, not as much.

Perhaps childbirth set off the nervous system and may be cause of your problems. Childbirth caused a repeat attack of Bells Palsy for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Misty800 For This Useful Post:
Lolpigs (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
(female)

Lolpigs HB User
Re: Need some Advice

Thank you for the reply, I'll definatley research that. Yeah it was around the time I found out I was pregnant too this all occured, while my GP said the baby had not implanted yet so wouldnt have caused the problem, I always thought it was a rather sudden thing to occur and I have had chickens since I was a kid and the mites have never cuased any problems, yeah they are annoying and they bite you but nothing serious.

I had it the whole time I was pregnant and it was coming and going so perhaps pregnancy triggered something?

I'll look that up thank you

Last edited by Lolpigs; 04-22-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Closed Thread