It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

hdb84 HB User
Exclamation Bleeding, passed out, seizing - Help! What's wrong?

Yesterday my friend was at work, (25 y.o. female) said she wasn't feeling good, her head was pounding and she got a burning feeling in her head, blood shot out of her nose and some came out of her mouth, she passed out and started seizing.

Now a little about her history:
She was on antibiotics for almost 2 months, started having severe stomach aches so bad she couldn't sleep at night, went to ER and was told the antibiotics had messed up her stomach lining and that was causing her pain. It was better off and on until a few weeks later (now), her stomach started cramping again, she's been bloated, feels like heartburn and indigestion, belching with gas, feels weak and a little dizzy, can't sleep at night unless stacked up on a bunch of pillows, has a little difficulty getting a full breath sometimes, esp when lifting her left arm up (upon which she feels some pain). She went to the ER again and they told her she may have a stomach ulcer...key word "MAY", they weren't sure.......and now this episode happens.
She was severely dehydrated so they said that may have caused the seizure but they have no explanation of the blood. Ct scan and bloodwork came back ok.

Also, the past 3 days I've had some unusual stomach cramps, it will come on suddenly and sometimes more severe than others, eating makes it worse. she said it sounds almost like how hers started out so now we are wondering if whatever's wrong may be contagious? This may be totally unrelated but just throwing that out there. They did an ultrasound her visit before last and her gallbladder, spleen, pancreas all looked good. They said it couldn't be a parasite either bc it would've shown up with some of the tests they did....

Any idea what could be wrong? She hasn't went to a dr. yet because she doesn't have insurance and going to the ER they bill her and she can make payments....but honestly the ER around here it notorious for not really helping people. For example, a friend of mine went to the ER with some issues, they checked for appendicitis, told him his appendix was fine, sent him home with pain meds and pain was so bad the next day he came in and his appendix was on the verge of rupturing and they had to remove it.

The following user gives a hug of support to hdb84:
sjb (05-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Bleeding, passed out, seizing - Help! What's wrong?

Hi Welcome to the General Health board. I hope the needed support and help is found. I would want a 5 star review hospital and a 5 star doctor for a good diagnostic. A good neuro consult for seizures, and an infection doctor because of the 2 people. It is of course important for everyone to have at least 6.25 cups water per every 100 pounds and for most people even more. A little cabbage juice mixed with water has helped the stomach lining of some people. Seizures are sometimes also caused by chemicals. It could also cause bleeding of the sinus. Have any drugs been taken by this woman?

Last edited by sjb; 05-29-2012 at 05:50 PM. Reason: addition made

Old 05-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
(female)

hdb84 HB User

She's been taking Prilosec bc of the heartburn feeling and she had been taking adipex for weight loss.....but since all this has been going on she is constantly in the bathroom and it's often diarrhea...like 4 times a day or more and she has no energy, and despite how often she's been to the bathroom and how little she eats she has been gaining weight (a total of 10 lbs) since this has been happening. I wonder if it's not some type of GI problem, her pancreas...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi Welcome to the General Health board. I hope the needed support and help is found. I would want a 5 star review hospital and a 5 star doctor for a good diagnostic. A good neuro consult for seizures, and an infection doctor because of the 2 people. It is of course important for everyone to have at least 6.25 cups water per every 100 pounds and for most people even more. A little cabbage juice mixed with water has helped the stomach lining of some people. Seizures are sometimes also caused by chemicals. It could also cause bleeding of the sinus. Have any drugs been taken by this woman?

The Following User Says Thank You to hdb84 For This Useful Post:
sjb (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I am glad I was told that Adipex is being taken. It seems very clear all of a sudden that many symptoms match the side effects of Adipex. Seizures, blood out the nose from a possible pulmonary difficulty.

I would visit this ***** link:

http://www.*****.com/drugs/drug-4899-Adipex-P+Oral.aspx?drugid=4899&drugname=Adipex-P+Oral

I would get off it as soon as possible the drug may end up with fatal effects.

When feeling a bit better, for weight loss I would a digestive walk after meals and a lot of walking every day for one hour.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:40 AM   #5
(female)

hdb84 HB User

Well she hasn't taken it since all this started but I wonder if it were from the adipex if it's possible it did some damage that just stopping the meds won't fix? Thanks for your help, she has an appt to see an internal med dr and hopefully he can get her some relief. She was up all night again in pain and in the bathroom

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-30-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
bleeding, breathing problems, pain, seizure, stomach pain