It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
(male)

spittings HB User
Congestion when "not" lying down

I'm a bit sick and I tried looking my symptoms up online to try and see what was wrong but I could find nothing concerning having congestion when sitting up or standing and not when lying down.

When I am lying down I'm perfectly fine and feel perfectly normal, when I rise my head fills with pressure and congestion and the congestion then flows into my chest and my phlem becomes frothy, thick, and white so much so that it can be hard to breathe through. I have a bad taste in my mouth upon waking and upon standing, often it tastes of petrolium. I'm very afraid of the outside air as I become worse outside than in. I took an allergie tablet this morning, which normally helps but it tasted incredibly bad and my throat reacted like it was burning.

In the past, I've struggled with allergies from the air and from food (I can't handle sugar substitutes as I can't break them down or process them correctly though sugar never bothers me). I can suddenly become fatigued, my vision can look all cartoonish and animated if I'm looking at a tv screen, and I can black out every day when the air is bad and when air pressure suddenly changes. I constantly feel as if I am taking in 40% of the air intake I should have, but then again my saliva is so frothy and thick and acts like an air filtration system to protect me from whatever is in the air. I had a steroid shot in the past cause I would break out in hives from head to toe every day due to molds in the air. The doctor said the shot would prevent the hives from coming back but whatever was causing them to break out I'd still be allergic to.

Anyways, I can't find any information on being congested when not lying down and not congested and feeling fine when lying down. I was able to hack up a thick concentration of phlegm this morning and it was colored (normally when this happens I feel way better and tend to be fully recovered). Normally the color is yellow, or dark brown, but this morning it had a long streak of bright red in it that didn't really look like it was blood, I mean it was bright blood red colored but it still oddly looked a bit different than blood. There wasn't any blood or discoloration in my phlegm after that, just thick, frothy, and healthily white. No fever or anything, though my blood pressure was a bit elevated the last time I took a reading which isn't normal for me.

Oh, forgot to mention, but lately I haven't been blacking out, so that too is a bit strange as whatever typically causes me to black out (allergies to molds in the air) doesn't seem to be affecting me much at the moment.

Also, don't suggest I go to a doctor, cause I won't.

Last edited by spittings; 05-28-2012 at 02:04 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to spittings:
sjb (05-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Congestion when "not" lying down

Hi I don't blame one for feeling that way. Well steroids sometimes cause infection. Some foods are made to help infection such as lemons, limes and grapefruit, kiwis, garlic, onions and bay leaf. I don't think everything people suffer from is correctable with food and a healthy lifestyle however. Everyone is responsible for their own health and makes their own choices for their health decisions. I personally like naturopaths. With the blacking out and vision problems I would personally go to get an MRI to look for any possible blood clots, tumors or aneurysms but I am not forcing anyone to go since in fact I heard a respected person recently say one should see a doctor as often as one sees the lawyer. Some doctors are much better than others, some are like 5 star generals others are worth only 1 star or even to get off the board of doctors altogether. Of course some medical problems already mentioned can be life threatening, others merely seem to make a person miserable for a very long time and I hope the right choices are made. Peace sjb

Old 05-31-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User
Re: Congestion when "not" lying down

One reason for feeling your congestion when you get up is that while you're lying down, the stuff is accumulating in your sinuses and you don't know it's there. When you shift to upright, it starts to drain down your throat and into your stomach and lungs. The bad taste on waking is from the traces of gunk that go down your throat while you're asleep and sit there. If it's clear and frothy it's probably not infected, just from allergies and the treatment is whatever allergy meds work for you.

Closed Thread