It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
(male)

John111 HB User
Please read Need help

Hello, Since around last year October - I had a panic attack and since then things have just gone down hill, I have suffered with so many things such as Chest pain - I then went to doctors many times because I didnt feel to good and was worried I have been for ECG scans, Xray and blood - And everything clear, Then later on in time around 2 months ago I had tingling in my arm and hands I then went back to doctors he said I may have arthritis so i had blood tests again. Everything was clear again. But still the past months i have been having chest pains

But these aint pains around the chest so Maybe explaining it wrong .. Infact the pain is under my arm around the armpit area to the top of my side of my body I feel a dull ache which just hurts sometimes and travels then to the center and I feel asif it's my heart

Im just scared on what the hell to do.. I keep thinking i will have an heart attack later in life But all results are normal.. I just feel asif the doctor is missing something .. My mum has told me it may be anixety..

Oh by the way IM 19 years old ..

I work on the weekends lifting heavy bags and pulling a box .. So im not sure if this is due to that? But still its only on one side and it won't go

There might of been a few weeks where it had gone.. but now come back..

I also have asthma ...
And im also suffering with neck pain because i kept clicking my neck

Will these be the problem?

It's like i said the pain is not in the middle of my chest its under my arm near the armpit by the breast area if that makes sence

So if you put your hand under your armpit its around that area - On the left hand side

Am i stressed ? Isit anxiety or isit serious heart releated problems?

Please help me because its really putting me down

Thankyou for reading

I hope you can help me and give me advice

Regards

John

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Please read Need help

Hi John,
Your Heart related tests have all come back clear, if something was amiss it would have been spotted.
I believe this is a combination of a muscular disorder relating to the heavy lifting you do at weekends (dosen't mean it has to be in both armpits) and also anxiety.
See your Dr again and tell him what you have told us here, I dont think its anything serious but let him decide that.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
John111 (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
(male)

John111 HB User

Hi Solofelix.

Thankyou for the reply it's made me think about it more and your right
I guess it just scaring me because like i said its sometimes around armpit and the side of my body by breast area. But then sometimes it travels around my back sometimes it feels like its inside my breast (If thats what you call it for a male) and then i feel as its my heart since its on left hand side.

I think i will go back to the doctor again and see what he says

Old 05-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
(male)

John111 HB User

Another thing i forgot to add was the pain comes and go and feels like a dull ache - shooting pain

Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Welcome to the general health board! Are any pills being taken? If the left arm is rotated with the right hand on top of the shoulder can any gritting or slight vibration be felt from the bone on the inside? Is the pain during an asthma attack with difficulty breathing or other times? Does the pain occur after a meal with sugar, or fat?

Is alcohol, drugs or chemicals of any type used? Does the pain change with motion or position change?

Old 06-01-2012, 01:33 AM   #6
(male)

John111 HB User

Hi Sjb

No pills are being taken.
No gritting or vibration as i can feel
Not during asthma attack

I use to have difficult breathing at times but not all times but i just take pump
Pain doesnt offcur after a meal I dont think..
No alcohol drugs or chemicas being used.
No pain during position or motion

The pain can happen randomly at times

sometimes under armpit on the side of my breast ( if thats what its called for men) then sometimes its across from the niple for example
if you put your finger on your throat in the middle
slide your finger down chest until you get in line with the niple then to the left side sometimes i feel the pain there like a ache or a sudden pain that lasts 5-10 seconds..

Old 06-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
(male)

John111 HB User

I thought i would add that sometimes the pain leads to my back at the top

Any one else have ideas?

Old 06-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi is there numbness or tingling down the arms or hands?

Old 06-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #9
(male)

John111 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi is there numbness or tingling down the arms or hands?
No numbness. I use to have tingles but I went doctores and he done tests for arthritis. Came. Back normal. I just now and again get like a dull arm so it just aches and sometimes hot sensation

The following user gives a hug of support to John111:
sjb (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 02:32 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi John,
Like I said previously you have had all relevant tests that have come back normal, so it dosn't sound like anything serious.
I refer back to your heavy lifting again and it could even be a damaged nerve or even muscular pain.
Do you have further appointments with your Dr?... Have you tried any medication for Anxiety which if it was one of the above problems might just help.
See your Dr again if you are still concerned, thats what he's there for. Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Hi I agree with the other poster as far as lifting goes and think maybe a consult to the cardiothoracic surgeon just in case it happens to be thoracic outlet syndrome. It is said to be rare but I wonder how many are merely a missed diagnosis. The act of lifting sometimes puts pressure on the frame of the body so the bones move down a bit onto a a nerve and puts pressure on it as my understanding. Pain under the armpit is often a symptom and if the doctor said, there were not any heart difficulties then other causes are looked for if the doctor is wise. Of course other causes might be something like an extra rib or a spinal difficulty. I would not bother with the surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome if that is what it happens to be because someone told me their relative had the surgery and her arms still bothered her.

A doctor should probably ok the following technique first to be sure there is no good reason why they should not do this and if he says either yes or no a second doctor might be consulted:

A physical therapist once said if a person is not too heavy for the door they might try hanging off the door for some spinal difficulties. They put the hands on the top of the door and very carefully and slowly let their weight hang off the door. If there is any pain or it starts to hurt a bit it must be stopped. sjb

Last edited by sjb; 06-02-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: order, paragraphing, one word added

Closed Thread