It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #1
(female)

natb103 HB User
bruised ribs?

hello

my friend accidentally dropped me after jokingly picking me off the ground, i can't fully remember how i landed as it happened so fast but i must have landed on my ribcage as i have experienced pain in the upper left side of my ribs since the incident. it hurts when i take a deep breath or move that area of my ribs. this happened about 5 days ago and the pain has not improved. i'm guessing it's probably just bruising but not sure whether to go to the docs or not.

thanks for any help

Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: bruised ribs?

Greetings! Everyone makes their own decisions about whether or not to go to the health professionals. If it is a severely broken rib there is potential to puncture a lung and collapse it or perhaps puncture another very important organ. There could be potential for internal hemmhorage or bleeding on a minor level or maybe almost no bleeding or damage depending on the type and severity of break. If it is cracked their is of course potential to reinjure or break all the way through. In the old days at least they put a sort of binder around the body to sort of splint it if it was broken. X-ray radiation can cause cancer especially the more exposure one has throughout life since it is cumulative. One could further educate himself about any other risks one way or the other or even call the professionals to hear what they have to say if desired. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread