It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #1
(male)

Nd2200 HB User
Mystery illness that hasn't been diagnosed or anxiety?

Hey all,

If you read all of this I thank you so much I know it's a long post, but I really need to explain everything.

I posted over 6 or 7 months ago about a similar problem that still hasn't resolved even with more doctor visits. Ever since January of this year I've been dealing with a sharp pain below my left breast that feels within the rib area. It has also begun to spread over the right side below the breast as well. The sensation is a quick sharp spasm type pain that is really painful and lasts just a few seconds. Nothing sets it off and nothing relieves it, just time. For this I have had a chest CT to check for blood clots, multiple chest x-rays, multiple CBC workups that always turns out fine. I've also seen a gastroenterologist and had an upper GI done to check for any possible stomach abnormalities that could've been causing the pain, but there was nothing found. Doctors don't know what it is and they say it could be muscle related, but the thing is I've barely worked out in the past 6 months and I haven't done anything that could possibly cause a muscle strain in that area. I've always been a highly active person and I've never once hurt a muscle in that region or if I have hurt a muscle elsewhere it doesn't take 6 months to heal. For that reason I don't believe it's muscle related.

I had an ER visit in the past month because of the sharp stabbing pain again and they did an ultrasound of my right kidney, liver, pancreas and gallbladder, mainly looking to see if they could find some gallbladder defect, but they didn't.

I've been told that it could also be costo, but I've done tons of research on it and I feel that the spots between the ribs would be tender or painful to touch and they aren't.

Along with the previous systems, I've had an increased amount of palpitations with chest pain following after its over so I followed up with my cardiologist and he found some abnormality on my baseline EKG. It showed an inverted T-wave, and so I had to have an echo stress test done which I completed today. They said nothing looked dangerous during the exam. I'm following up with a 48-hour holster monitor to see if they can catch anything suspicious. Along with those chest symptoms I've had a lot of left arm pain that has been cramping and hurting a lot lately. It's really annoying and I don't know where it's coming from (cardiologist doesn't think it's heart related). For the past 8 months my right arm is also considerably stiffer than my left one and my limbs fall asleep very easy now than before. Something weird that I've noticed is that every time after I take a warm/hot shower my left pinky remains tingling after I'm all dried up. It stays like that for about 5-10 minutes then goes away.

I dealt with about 3 months of heavy anxiety starting September 2011, but I followed up with therapy and it helped tremendously. I've been able to keep my anxiety under control for the most part so I really have a hard time believe that it's just anxiety. My symptoms seem too out of the norm for anxiety and too painful.

Any advice or suggestions that you may have are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nd2200; 06-18-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: More information added

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
(female)

beyondjupiter HB User
Re: Mystery illness that hasn't been diagnosed or anxiety?

If they have done all the tests they can do, then it sounds like anxiety to me.

Basically saying that it could be anything from gas to minor cracks in the ribs. Apparently it is very easy to put hairline cracks in your ribs and not even know it. Supposedly, if you xray an adult their ribs will read like road maps.

Precordial Catch Syndrome could also be the reason, but this sounds like more a name given to something benign to explain it.

I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks. Since the panic attacks started I have been obsessed, and I mean obsessed, with find a reason. I have gone in for multiply blood work ups, I got an ultrasound of my thyroid and go for a biopsy tomorrow. I also have constant heart palpitations, so I freaked out about that and went for an ECG and Echo (still pending on the echo). I google constantly random things that I feel and worry over them which makes the anxiety worse, which makes the symptoms feel worse, and it is serious a vicious cycle.

I am starting Celexa tonight for my anxiety. I will still get tests and hope that it is something more than just in my head. It seems silly to hope something is wrong with you but it is better than just feeling like you are crazy. I hate to say it is just anxiety for you because my big pet peeve was the doctors and family telling me that it was "all in my head". I am not saying that at all. I am just saying get the tests done and leave it at that. If you still feel something, get another doctor for a second opinion (I did that too). But just worrying over all of the time isn't going to make it better, I promise.

<3

Last edited by moderator2; 06-20-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website for any reason

Old 06-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Mystery illness that hasn't been diagnosed or anxiety?

Seems to me that everyone is looking at the wrong place. I bet it's your spine. Nerve compression in the thoracic spine causes the exact same pain you describe. In fact, they even have a name for it...cervical angina. And the problems with your arms also come from compressed nerves in the neck area.

Someone has dropped the ball! Ask about getting an MRI of your cervical and thoracic spine. Bet you find the source.

Jenny(2 major cervical spine surgeries, now fused C3 to T1, thoracic herniations, recent lumbar surgery)

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, autoimmune, heart, pain, sharp