It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
(female)

lalagabor HB User
Muscle Pull around right hip?

Yesterday I started a new job after a period of unemployment that has required me to stand on my feet for long periods of time (which is a good thing - yay job!) Anyways...today (not when i woke up but, in the afternoon I began to have a pain around my right hip only when walking but not with every step. At first I freaked myself out that it may be appendicitis BUT I dont have any other symptoms and the pain is dull. The thing that i don't understand is one pain which is located next to the top of my right hip seems to be a little deeper than my surface muscles that was the first area that hurt....i also thought it may be an ovary issue as i am about the start my MC. so i did a couple of side stretches then another area has just become sore. this next area is the very top of my hip extending around the right side of my body in that area toward my back. I know this area is definitely muscle bc when i touch it is sore to the touch and feels like a muscle strain. I did a little test when i was freaking for a sec it could be appendicitis and lay on the floor pulled my right knee back and rotated my leg around in the socket and nothing hurt...all normal. anyway I am pretty sure it is not appendicitis bc i think that pain is lower and extremely excruciating with vomiting and all of that. I also have pressed all over my abdomen with no muscle spasms or reflexes or pain... just in that tiny tender area i first described but it is not tender there any longer like i said. If this is indeed inflamed or strained muscles... what should I do about it??? any suggestions? I guess i have been a couch potato for too long. how deep are the muscles in the area next to the hip bone? I guess i am asking all of these questions bc i have never had a strain in that particular area before. hmmmmmmm

Last edited by lalagabor; 07-04-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Muscle Pull around right hip?

It probably is just muscle pain because you aren't used to standing for such a long time. Gentle stretching and staying hydrated may help reduce the pain as your body adjusts. Ice or heat may also relieve pain.

Closed Thread