It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
(female)

nascarchick HB User
Severe pain on left side temple area

Hi there,

I'm a 25 year old woman who has severe pain on my left temple area. It had all started when I went for sinus surgery to help clear my sinuses. I have extra sinuses so they had to separate those from the original ones. After the surgery I had been rushed back to the hospital because the main vein of the sinuses had started bleeding. I had two different types of stuffing put up there and then when all said and done I had a third one called a "chicken" (cause apparently thats what the nurses called it.) Anyways I had to get surgery again to close up the main vein. Now I have severe pain on my left side of my head. You can see the vein (though i's not bulging), it throbs when its hurts and the other day I got a severe migraine (the first time I have ever got one.) I had a MRI done and it said that everything is normal but there is nonspecific high signal focus in the sub cortical white matter of the right parietal lobe.

Is this caused from the surgery? or is this something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also what really sets this off is cool or cold air blowing against my face.

Last edited by nascarchick; 07-22-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Severe pain on left side temple area

Greetings Nascarchick Welcome to the General Health boards! My sympathies to all the pain and the focus. Sometimes other things besides surgery can cause a "focus" but it does seem that because it happened after the surgery it might be to blame. If it were me and there were no further danger of bleeding because a couple of weeks at least have passed since the surgery I might try a warm washcloth over the painful area and perhaps over the focus area if known where it is. If it is tolerated well I might alternate warm and cool temperatures a bit for healing purpose with 3 minutes warm and 30 seconds cool. I would avoid chemicals, alcohols and sweets to avoid aggravating any existing nervous system focus and to avoid infection in sinuses. I might use some grapefruit, lemons, limes, kiwi, and garlic in case the sinuses are slightly infected after surgery. I would not bother with antibiotics likely since it can sometimes cause yeast infections and use hydrotherapy and a healthy natural lifestyle with a daily walk instead. I might also move to a warmer climate if possible for better blood circulation because good health depends on perfect circulation and proper care of the body. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
head pain, migraine