It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #1
(male)

jb256 HB User
Been sick all year, please help.

Hello everyone, I've been sick since about January 10th of this year. One day out of the blue I started feeling like I couldn't get enough air into my lungs and I got lightheaded so I wen't to the doctor and did a blood test and it looked pretty normal so he just gave me some antibiotics. Later that week I started feeling really groggy and basically just laid in bed for the next week.

My symptoms include full body vidrations that feel like I am in a massage recliner turned on low, it kind of feels like when a cat is sitting in your lap purring but its throughout my body. I have non-stop head pressure on the sides of my head and sometimes on the back of my head and behind my eyes. My other symptoms are muscle twitches that can be any muscle in my body, one second it could be my eyebrow and the next it could be my hip, I notice them every ten minutes or so.

Every day I get lightheaded and a little dizzy, this has only started happening again in the past week but its kind of how I felt back in January when I first went to the doctor. Sometimes I feel like it's a panic attack and when I'm laying down and feel like I'm vibrating it stops for one split second then continues. I haven't had a fever the whole period I've been sick so the doctor thinks it's allergies. The third time I went to the doctor he told me I had an ear infection so he gave me a penicillin shot.

I've been sick all year, been to the doctor 4 times and 3 blood tests that were all normal. It's been making me paranoid and I've become a bit of a hypochondriac. I'm starting to worry that I have a blood clot or a heart problem. I'm 23, six feet tall, 195 pounds, and I don't have any known allergies or health problems and I don't take any medications.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Been sick all year, please help.

Greetings jb256! Welcome to the General Health boards. I am sorry to hear about the illness and hope it gets better. Sometimes when antibiotics are taken a fungal infection called Candida Albicans shows up a candida antibody titre blood test can be done to test for it. Some doctors will not do one so I would find one ahead of time who is one known how to deal with Candida. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions.

If there is an infection bacteria may be eating through nerves causing sensations of vibration and maybe even affecting muscle. Perhaps this happens because the nerve mylein sheath is eaten out and it sort of short circuits a bit so to speak. I would at least avoid sweets and use foods good help with infection to strenthen the system such as grapefruit, lemons, limes, kiwis, garlic, and onions but also a wide variety of food.

I would also do healthy measures avoiding alcohol, chemicals, tobacco, a daily walk outside before 10 am and after 2 pm, a nightly 8 hour sleep, 50 ounces of water drinking at least for every 100 pounds body weight, a daily shower with frequent change of clothes. I might take a hot water bottle and place it to the ear for 3 minutes, then a cool cloth 30 seconds and alternate temperatures, dry well and sleep for the night. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 07-27-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

Have you considered that you might be suffering from anxiety or over-stress? A lot of your symptoms are really common anxiety happenings... anxiety causes hyperventilation, which causes light-headedness/dizziness, anxious muscles are very tense and tight and can feel like they're vibrating, squeezing, or pulling, as well as random muscle twitches. And so on.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
(male)

jb256 HB User

Thanks for the replies. Could the daily dizziness spells and vibrations be somehow attributed to a blood clot or is it more likely to be anxiety or allergies? I'm not really a stressed person even though I have had anxiety attacks in the past. I use to sit for fairly long periods of time without getting up very often, that's why I'm starting to worry if it's a heart problem or a clot. I had an ECG done in 2008 and it was fine and my blood pressure is hardly ever high.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings jb256! Theoretically I would think that is possible yes, an angiogram might determine if it is a clot or aneurysm. An Magnetic Resonance Imaging test might determine if there is something pressing on a nerve. a thyroid test and a blood sugar test might also be useful if they were not already done. A professional can order those tests. Worry or stress can be caused by too much sugar. Overbreathing can cause dizziness and strange things to happen in the muscles sometimes. Peace sjb

Last edited by sjb; 08-08-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: additions made abbreviation changed to comply with policy

Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

They don't sound like bloodclot symptoms to me. Blood clots in the limbs usually cause pain, swelling, redness etc. And clots in the chest usually come with extreme shortness of breath. If you've seen the doctor and they've reassured you that you do NOT have a heart problem or a blood clot, it's highly unlikely that they were wrong... the more you focus on a particular health concern, the more it's going to seem like you have it, whether you really do or not.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings! I just wish to clarify in case there are misunderstandings that if a clot is in the head and has damaged that part of the nervous system there can be potential for numbness and even paralysis if severe enough, and may still need checking for the real cause. Peace, sjb

Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 PM   #8
(male)

jb256 HB User

This may sound like I'm paranoid, but I just remembered a couple weeks before I got sick my dog bit me, breaking my skin. I'm pretty sure she didn't have rabies but is it possible I got rabies? It's been months like I said and the twitches and head pressure come and go. The symptoms of rabies are kind of similar to what I'm experienced, the vibrating and twitches.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings jb256! A person could ask the professional about it to find out since some of the symptoms and history are similar. Athough it is not a promise of a cure if I suspected it I would use bay leaf tea every 6 hours around the clock for several weeks followed by golden seal tea for maybe a couple weeks as these are antiviral teas. Bay leaf tea was used in the old days against getting small pox infection with success. I wish the best. Peace sjb

Closed Thread