It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #1
(male)

gew3 HB User
Muscles not feeling healed.

Hey folks, new here but not new to the forum format. My job consists of sweating alot and using your body alot through out the day. I always feel sore even during the weekend like my muscles aren't repairing themselves or something. Daily I drink around 2 or 3 glasses of soy milk in the evening with a potassium supplement, drink an 8oz bottle of gatorade during work and bout half a gallon of water. I don't each much junk food, I haven't had an alcoholic drink in a month or so. I'm trying to live healthier. I'm just unsure what to do to feel healed and rested. Hope someone can offer some kind of advice, I'm obviously not the smartest when it comes to health things...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Muscles not feeling healed.

Okay, sounds like you are doing the right things. Are you getting enough sleep at night? That's key to muscle recovery. Also, look at your overall diet. You need veggies and lean proteins, and you should eat at least 3 complete meals every day.

Also, it might help stretch before and/or after work. For you, your job is exercise, so warm up and cool down carefully just like an athlete.

If particular parts of your body seem to hurt frequently, get it checked out by a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 08:50 PM   #3
(male)

gew3 HB User

I normally get 7-8 hrs of sleep sun-fri. And I don't eat a strict diet as far as making sure I have all food groups in a meal...thanks for your reply

Old 08-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

You don't necessarily need every food group in every meal. Just make sure you're eating something solid and nutritious, and make sure that over the course of the day you're getting everything you need.

Closed Thread