It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #16
(female)

justiceandtruth HB User
Re: Horrible heat intolerance, night sweats, Raynaud's... help... please...

And....I am pretty nervous about my regular doctor's appointment on Wednesday. He signed my short-term disability papers for ONE week, with me returning to work this Thursday. I'm going to have to explain to him that there is no way I can start working on Thursday again...I'm still having serious trouble with lightheadedness and fainting. I can't sit in a room with a client and not be able to function. I hope he listens to me and signs the new paper on Wednesday. I hate being sick and just want to feel better, but right now, I truly can't work. And if he doesn't sign the short-term disability paperwork, I am in serious trouble financially.

Just had to share!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

You might want to go to target and get their brand of pedialyte(cheaper) and drink it. Gatoraid will work too and the G2 series comes in low cal. see if you feel better. I have been dehydrated and didn't even know until hospital tests came back. It won't cure reynauds or the sweats but it sure can help with being light-headed etc

The Following User Says Thank You to Mel52 For This Useful Post:
justiceandtruth (08-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
(female)

justiceandtruth HB User

Thanks, Mel. I have been SO good about staying hydrated since my little ER episode! I just don't think my body can keep up with the amount I sweat. But I definitely have noticed that it helps to stay hydrated. I feel less faint when I have fluid in me.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Justice and truth! My sympathies. If there is true fainting it might be better to take a taxi if posssible to avoid unconsciousness on the highway and injuring people including the driver. Dehydration can cause low blood pressure and fainting if it is severe enough. I would mention any fainting episodes and be specific about all symptoms and concerns with the health professional. Peace, sjb

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
justiceandtruth (08-10-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 05:09 AM   #20
(female)

justiceandtruth HB User

I definitely don't want to injure anyone on the road! Thanks for your input...everyone has been so helpful and I appreciate it. I'm off to the cardiologist this afternoon. It's a bit distressing to feel like a professional patient! In the past several years, I think I've been to the doctor maybe two times, so this is really weird for me.

The following user gives a hug of support to justiceandtruth:
sjb (08-10-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 05:21 AM   #21
(female)

amy4077 HB Useramy4077 HB User

My father was diagnosed with Lupus many years ago, and he experienced some of the same symptoms that you were describing. I hope you find something out at the Rhuematologist! Good luck and please keep us updated!

The Following User Says Thank You to amy4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #22
(female)

justiceandtruth HB User

Thanks, Amy! I went to the rheumatoligist last week, and he said it doesn't appear to be autoimmune, and based on my bloodwork from a year ago, he still doesn't think it's autoimmune....siiighhhh...

Back to the drawing board! I hope for some answers soon.

Old 08-10-2012, 05:33 AM   #23
(female)

amy4077 HB Useramy4077 HB User

I know how you feel about trying to get answers to what is going on from doctors. For 8 and 1/2 months, I was in and out of the hospital, with something going on with my stomach. I was vomiting all the time and in the bathroom a lot! The doctors kept telling me there was nothing wrong. During that 8 and 1/2 months I was admitted 22 times. Finally one of the stomach docs came in again and told me there was nothing wrong, so I asked for a second opinion, and then a 3rd. Come to find out that there was something wrong and I had Gastroparesis. Someone said in an earlier post that just because your blood work is normal does not mean that you do not have lupus or some other autoimmune issue. I would get a second opinion if that is at all possible. As a patient it is your right to have one!

The Following User Says Thank You to amy4077 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread