It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #1
(female)

BostonGirl108 HB User
Lightbulb What's Wrong with Me?

I would greatly appreciate if someone could look over my symptoms and story and tell me if they know anything about what's wrong with me - I feel like my symptoms fly under my doctor's radar or are explained away by my age. A step in the right direction from someone who understands what I am going through would mean the world to me.

Symptoms:

I'm constantly tired - I always feel like I'm running off 1/4 tank of energy than everyone I know

I'm moody/ irritable - I get aggitated quickly and can cry at the drop of the hat. I get depressed because I feel like I am missing out on a lot life has to offer because I am so tired. I feel guilty for it. I complain about doing fun things and people often accuse me of being "too old for my age".

I'm confused - I feel like my brain is in a haze sometimes, I try to understand things but I'm just so tired I can't do it and I skip whatever I'm trying to understand.

Acne - I never had acne as a teen and the past year it's flaired up horribly, nothing
helps

Horrible Memory - I'll pick something up and do something with it that I don't remember. Then I'll spend 45 minutes looking for the item. When I was a child, I had the same issue and told people Elf's were moving my things. I still sometimes believe it!

I forget words - I forget words all of the time. I list off words that are similiar to what I want to say. For example, my boyfriend asked me if I saw his keys anywhere. I knew they were in the bedroom. I replied with "They're in the kitchen.. bathroom.. livingroom...(and then finally)....bedroom"

I can't pay attention - And this is at work, I get all of my tasks done quickly and usually before they are due, however I take frequent breaks to let my mind wander. I feel like a bad employee.

What does this sound like? What unnerves me the most is my age. I am so young and I feel like I am experiencing dimensia. If anyone knows how I feel, please give me some idea of what this could be and how you cope with these issues -

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: What's Wrong with Me?

First, I'd say you need some specific tests done on blood. I would be sure you have been checked for anemia, low thyroid, and lupus. A general test like CBC, Chemistry panel for liver, kidney, electrolytes, etc, a TSH, Free T4, T3, and an ANA, sed rate, CRP, and urine. Those should give your Dr. some answers or clues. The only symptom that doesn't fit with the rest is the acne, but that can be dealt with separately. Please review the symptoms associated with low thyroid and lupus, as those 2 could cause the cognitive issues you are having, as well as fatigue.

Closed Thread

Tags
confusion, fatigue, foggy