It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #1
(female)

cheerlovexo33 HB User
Got hit in throat? Feels swollen and tightness?

My little brother tried to tackle me after his football practice and accidentally hit my chest/throat area. At first my chest started hurtin and couldnt really breathe and felt like throwing up when talking but now I can breathe fine and doesn't really hurt but I can feel that my throat area is swollen when I put my hand on it (wind pipe area). It just feels like somethings there like swollen.. however when I lay down... Everything feels completely fine and can breathe perfectly normal without feeling like somethings there. But when I sit back up.. I just feel like there's some bubble in my throat.

When I drink.. Food and liquid goes down but I feel it going down slowly.
Has anyone experienced this? Will it get better? I can breathe and everything it's just swollen and I can feel it swollen when I breathe and drink or eat something

Old 08-09-2012, 05:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Got hit in throat? Feels swollen and tightness?

Greetings cheerlovexo33! Welcome to the healthboards! I am so sorry this has happened and hope it feels better soon. I would want a visit I think to the emergency room in case the cartilage has broken or in case the tissues continue to swell so much that the airway closes. Sorry. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread