It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 04:24 PM   #1
(female)

ladyjadey HB User
Exclamation bed sweats!

why does my boyfriend sweat so much in his sleep even with no covers and a fan and the windows open? what can i do to stop it? he never puts weight on ether...even tho he eats and eats and eats and still dont put weight on... he has up to 2-3 kfc's a day sometimes an still no weight gain ... he works at a service station so gets a discount on kfc starbucks etc lol! its great for the coffee haha help lol!

ty xo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: bed sweats!

Their are many reasons why people sweat at night. Caffine, smoking, diet and then other health condition's that need a doctor to investigate. I had these myself for over a year and although they went on their accord, i never really found out what caused it, but their were a few ideas that came to mind.

If it continues theh he should see his doctor and they will do an ultra sound scan, just to be on the safe side.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

thank you for your reply what could it be tho? and i no i said he can eat 2-3 kfc is a day but i dont mean the meals lol. he eats alot of fruit there like sweets to him lol

Old 08-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings ladyjadey! My sympathies, a professional could check for things like thyroid, blood sugar, hiv etc. Of course everyone makes their own health choices in life and is in charge of their own health care. Of course if someone eats nothing but chicken and no fruits, grains, nuts or vegetables the diet is unbalanced and their will be insufficient enzymes to digest any food properly. Of course coffee can cause too much sweating also. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 08-18-2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: addition made

Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

he eats plenty of all of those and i no its not hiv or anything like that iv been with him a long time and iv been checked for hiv so if he had it so would i and iv been checked when i have my std checks ( can never be 2 safe it is my health after all ) over other things ... i make his tea etc so i might track down what he eats and when he sweats alot on a night im awake later than him as u can tell thanks both of u for the advice xo

Old 08-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

I would definitely have his blood sugar checked that is one sign of diabetes, my hubby was having the same problem. cj

Old 08-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I would agree with no34evr, diabetes could be one cause but as i said their are over 100 conditions that can make you sweat. As i said, i had this problem myself. Heartburt, gastic contions and even stress could cause this.

You could change his diet, do more excersie and that may help. If he smokes, stopping that would help. It really is a case of trial and error but if it continues you must see a doctor. They found a few things wrong with me that "may" have lead to the sweats, but cannot be 100% certain.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #8
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

they did a check for diabetes awhile back now and said it was fine he does smoke and i no i would not be able to stop that i guess ur right by saying its just trial and error thank you all so much for your reply and advice
xoxo

Old 08-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings if the tea is one with caffeine in it instead of an herbal one that also might cause sweating. Hot and warm beverages can also cause it to some extent particularly in warmer weather. Peace, sjb

Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #10
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

thank you i will speak to him tomorrow about it

Old 08-22-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings ladyjadey! You are welcome! As they have said however, there are many conditions that can cause sweating so if by avoiding the warm drinks coffe and teas still does not work it may be important to investigate the cause, it might be important to have a physical anyway to see if an underlying disease is not beginning from all the abuse from caffeine etc. Many of the cures however are not useful but lifestyle changes can benefit the life in my opinion. Peace sjb

Last edited by sjb; 08-22-2012 at 05:45 AM. Reason: additions made

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
ladyjadey (08-22-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

The autonomic nervous could be the problem.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #13
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

whats that xo

Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

I meant to say autonomic nervous system.

One part we are able to control (emotions, etc) and the other part we have no control.

The autonomic nervous system controls breathing, heart pumping, other things we do not think about but they work.

The autonomic nervous system can cause the body to sweat big time and you have no control. This happened to me post shoulder surgery, my feet sweat so bad I was literally sloshing in my shoes. Orthopedic surgeon told me it was the autonomic nervous system causing the sweating and I could do nothing about it, however it might slow up or go away in about a year. It has been a year and my feet still sweat a lot but I am not sloshing in my shoes now.

The following user gives a hug of support to Misty800:
sjb (08-25-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Misty800 For This Useful Post:
sjb (08-25-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #15
(female)

ladyjadey HB User

iv been with my boyfriend over 5 and a half years he sweats sometimes not all the time sometimes its worse than others if hes asleep and i look over at him i can see the sweat rolling down his cheek or forming tears on his forehead then other occasions its just a little sweat hardly noticeable im thinking its coffee hes had the past few days off work his days off i mean and hes had hardly any coffee and not sweated hardly........... thank you i diddnt realise that just how many causes there could be t this :s

The following user gives a hug of support to ladyjadey:
sjb (08-25-2012)
Reply Reply