It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

travelgal1 HB User
Red face Unexplained Right Flank pain!

18 months ago I underwent a cystscopy in my rt ureter. No stone, no blockage no nothing. Stent was placed in ureter and left for 3 days. When stent was removed I developed rt flank pain that has not gone away! Neg for any infection or stones. I have had Ct urogram, MRI, Ultasounds and peed in many cups for tests! All of my doctors are scratching their heads. The pain goes away when I am standing or lying but sitting in a chair, pressing my back against the back of the chair brings on a dull ache. A car seat is the worst! Pain also can be in front only, on the side only or in the back only or any combo, depending on what I am doing. I am going for an EMG and Head MRI next week. Any thoughts on what might be going on?

Old 09-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

GinaP2 HB User
Re: Unexplained Right Flank pain!

Hi There, I am having a similar issue. About a month ago, I started to get a pain in my right flank, nausea and vomiting accompanied it. I've been to the emergency department at the hospital a number of times now and for many follow ups. They have tested urine, blood, done xrays and ultrasounds to no avail. They prescribed anti inflammatories and anti biotics as they though it was a kidney infection. I have since finished the medication and still have had no improvement. There are some days when the pain isn't so bad and I have an appetite but for the majority it is quite painful and I have no appetite. I've lost quite a bit of weight due to this as well. I have recently got a new family doctor and will be seeing him in a couple of weeks, so I am hoping he will be of some assistance. But no one seems to know what is going on. It is very painful and uncomfortable so I am hoping to figure something out soon. If you have any information to provide it would be appreciated, also if I find out anything further I will advise.
Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply