It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
(male)

NeilinLondon HB User
Ear fullness and brain-fog without vertigo

My first post on this web-site and here goes.

I have been suffering for around 5 months with ear fullness in my left ear with increased tinnitus (roaring in addition to a high pitched whistle). This first began with a sudden feeling of fullness in my left ear after swimming. Numerous visits to private doctors and ENT's with examination of the middle ear by a scope, swabbing of culture of the outer ear and a full brain and lower base of the skull MRI, have all appeared negative in terms of identifying any pathology or anything abnormal (apart from minor hearing loss and eustachian function mentioned below).

I ignored the symptoms for 2 months and then had a bit of an emotional crash when the brain-fog symptoms flared up all of a sudden and I have been off work since with gradually improving symptoms. This was all preceded by a prolonged period of extreme stress.

I am seeing a well known ENT now in London who initially thought this might be Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss (a lower frequency hearing loss has been
identified). This hearing loss pre-dates this episode by many years (as in 20 when it was first identified) however and I did not experience any discernible additional hearing loss at the onset of symptoms or since. I expect that diagnosis may change as I did not point this out at the time of my first consultation. Other possibilities are Eustachian Tube Dysfunction (my left Eustachian tube is very sluggish/slow in functioning and/or Cochlea inflammation. I am having additional tests.

I have been fortunate enough to not experience any balance or vertigo problems whatsoever.

The strange thing is, I had an episode like this (with brain fog and strange left ear symptoms) in my twenties which came during a period of enormous and prolonged stress where I had stress signs and was carrying unresolved issues but ignored them. With time out and a lot of Five Element Traditional Chinese Acupuncture I recovered fully from that episode.

I am completing the conventional medical analysis but I am looking at alternative therapies and treatments taking a holistic approach also as this was successful when I experienced similar symptoms before.

The stress came from some personal/relationship issues which are being resolved and I have a very stressful job which I enjoy but the additional personal stress seemed to have triggered something. My left ear and sinus seem to be a weak point and stress will show there.

In conclusion I would be interested to know in anyone has a similar story to tell/lessons learned to share.

The one thing I will share is that I have started to take an American supplement called BioArmor Hearing Health with some immediately noticeable improvement.

Thanks to anyone reading this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #2
(male)

NeilinLondon HB User
Re: Ear fullness and brain-fog without vertigo

On additional item is that initially as part of the brain-fog I suffered short-term memory and cognitive difficulty processing thoughts. This was a feature of the previous episode in my twenties. This elememnt recovered previously and appears to be improving again now.

Reply Reply