It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
(male)

Subhash1990 HB User
Unhappy enlarged Lymph nodes

I have enlarged and painful lymph nodes of about 1 cm on the neck region, occipital region, region behind ears and in sub mandibular region too since past 1 year..about 6 months ago i went to a Hematologist and she took my CBC..which was normal..so she diagnosed it as post-viral lymphadenopathy ..and recommended me a course of Interferon's for 14 days..i took the course and the swollen was almost gone..but after 2 weeks of treatment it came back again..!! but the stopped paining..so i didnt go for further treatment or recommendations..but now after about 6 months...they started paining again..also the lymph nodes in the armpit and groin region are painful..but cant be palpated...i experience severe headaches...and i did my CBC again which shows Lymphocytosis,erythrocytes are normal..leucocytes are under high range of norma...my chest-xray is normal...HIV,Hepatitis, syphilis and cytomegalovirus tests are negative...no splenomegaly no hepatomegaly..no fever...just painful lymphnodes which are a bit tender and non-mobile.. and headaches..so please help me out... what can be the possible diagnosis? and what can i do to avoid pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2012, 11:24 PM   #2
(female)

Petesgrandma HB User
Re: enlarged Lymph nodes

I have the exact same symptoms. Since May 2012. I woke up one morning with a slight neck pain, then I though I had ear pain. Which by the way was on the left side. Ear/neck/throat/head pain. I have had MRI and CT Scans. No tumors. I have hypothroidism. I take med for this. But I'm still suffering. Then on November 7 it all went to my right side. It will go from left to right or both now. On November 8 I had an ultrasound of my front neck lymph nodes. According to the tech and radiologist I have enlarged and acive lymph nodes, they are sending a full report to my Doctor. I haven't heard anything so far. This "thing' has ruined my life. I'm 58 female and feel like 158. The pain can be horrible. Painkillers don't make much difference. Perhaps the enlarged lymph nodes are pressing on a nerve causing the pain. I have an EMG December 11. We shall see...If you come up with anything let me know, I'll do the same. Take care and GB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply