It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

crwoody7 HB User
Looking for best climate for my Aunt

My Aunt is very ill; she has had a very bad year this year. When she was visiting here in Colorado, she had a very bad nose bleed and it would not stop. Doctor told her she need to live in a very wet place because Colorado and Nevada was too dry for her. So she and her husband moved to Oregon, which is toooo wet for her as she has been having so many problems with pneumonia. She can't seem to stay out of the hospital. I am afraid for her life. What would be the in-between State that is not to dry and not to wet to live? Has anyone has this problem before? Hope to hear very soon, Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #2
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User
Re: Looking for best climate for my Aunt

Sometimes nose bleeds happen not due to dryness...in fact quite the opposite like sinus infections which means you have mucus / phlem. For this a wet climate is an enemy. Did the doctor first establish whether there's phlem build up in the chest / lungs etc? If not, I would get her checked out.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Nose bleeds happen for a variety of reasons, some of which can be serious. Yes dry air can sometimes cause them, but high blood pressure, low platelets (blood clotting cells) and certain drug side effects can too. She should be evaluated thoroughly for the underlying cause of the nose bleeds and pneumonia episodes and not just told to move around the country. She may have a problem that will persist no matter where she is. She may have an immune problem causing repeated pneumonia. I would try to get a little more information from her or her Drs to find out what is happening with her. How old is she? Underlying asthma, diabetes, cancer, liver or immune problems? Lots of factors to consider. It is so nice you are trying to help her.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
(female)

crwoody7 HB User

I do know this that everytime she was released to go home, she had a visiting nurse who make sure that my Aunt does some breathing exercise to get rid of the carbon monoxide that are trapped in her lung and she has to do these exercises to get them out. If she does not do these exercises she ended up with pneumonia and when she get that the hospital staff put her in a coma because of the trac thingy they put in her throat.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
(female)

crwoody7 HB User

At Ladybug...My Aunt is 76 years old and she does have high blood pressure. Actually, I thought she needed to move to a place that not too wet or too high in humidity because when I lived in Oklahoma, every year I had pneumonia. Oklahoma is very high in humidity. When I moved back to Colorado it stopped the pneumonia right there so I thought maybe that is what my Aunt is going thru, She is also very overweight, not sure if she is diabete or not will have to check that out.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
(female)

crwoody7 HB User

At LadyBug...My Aunt is 76 years old and she does have high blood pressure. Actually, it was my idea that she should move from a wet climate because when I lived in Oklahoma, which is very high in humidity, I kept getting pneumonia every year. When I moved back in Colorado it stopped the pneumonia right there. She is also very overweight but I do not know if she is diabete or not. I will have to check that out.

Reply Reply