It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

millemme HB User
Work Comp. and Stupid Dr.'s

Hello I'm new here everybody. I joined this website because about 4 weeks ago I injured my back at my current job. And started having severe back pain, numbness, tingling, and pain down my right leg. I of course had to go through their work comp. Dr. and they told me they thought it was just a muscle sprain. And gave me some muscle relaxers and some anti-inflammatory's. They gave me 6 days off of work and put me on a round of steroids and told me if I wasn't doing better when I came back they'd do an x-ray. Which doesn't show anything anyways. But I just did what they wanted me to do. Well I spent the next 6 days in such horrible pain I couldn't walk, sit, stand, bend over, or lay down without any pain. And when I went in for my next appointment I told her that my pain had gotten even worse and that I didn't just want an x-ray I wanted an MRI done. Well they said they would do an x-ray and if they saw anything concerning they would move forward with the MRI. I was really getting ticked off. They did the x-ray. And of course nothing wrong. And told me they wanted me to return to work just on light duty. And I said that I wouldn't go back until they did an MRI. Because I couldn't hardly function right now. And she said that she would just give me some pain killers and she thought it was just a 'really' bad pulled muscle and sometimes people just can't handle pain as well as other people. I really got mad when she said that. Well they went ahead and scheduled the MRI. And when I went to get it done the first time someone from my work comp. called and canceled it because they said they weren't going to cover it because it was an unnecessary test. I called them back and told them if they didn't do the MRI I would get a lawyer who would make sure I got an MRI. And they rescheduled it. Well I got my MRI done. And when I got my results back I had a 'severe' bulging disc in my lumbar spine L-4. And also unrelated to the injury I had severe arthritis all through my lower back. I was so mad at the Dr. for treating me like I was making the pain up and like it was just a pulled muscle. But at least I know now I wasn't crazy. But it really sucks that it's something I'll have to deal with life-long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
bulged disc, workers comp

« New here | about me »