It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #1
(male)

Jatin1982 HB User
Unhappy severe itching all over body

My father aged about 60 is suffering from severe itching all over the body since the last 7 months. it started as an itch on the arm and has now slowly spread over the entire body, the irritation is unbearable and because of his continuous itching the skin has become rough and scaled.

cold shower and lacto calamine mixed with cocnut oil only gives temporary relief.
he has consulted the best doctors in India and met almost 20 doctors but none of them is able to diagnose his illness.

he is diabetic, but his sugar levels are well under control and is very disciplined with his diet.

Please help us solve this problem, so i request anyone who has had similar problem and has found a cure please share your solution to this severe itching problem.

thanks.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-12-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
(female)

Fatso1 HB User
Re: severe itching all over body

I had severe itching a couple years ago. Even the inside of my ears and nose itched. I did not have a rash and my skin looked normal. My doctor suggested taking an antihistamine every day, once a day It worked immediately. They do make you tired, but it was well worth it. I had to do this for about 7 months. Eventully I didn't need them anymore. I have no idea why I ever itched or why it quit, but I am thank full that I don't itch anymore. Good luck - I feel your pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
Re: severe itching all over body

I know it may sound strange, but I had a period of time where I itched everywhere. After I had my gallbladder out, the itching went away. My gallbladder wasnt emptying, so the bile was building up in my system and causing my skin to itch. Maybe you could look into that??? Good luck to you!

Reply Reply