It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 04:57 AM   #1
(male)

Danson HB User
Question azithromycin dosage for suspected epididymitis and/or chlamydia?

I have been experiencing a dull aching pain towards the back of my left testicle/groin area intermittantly for over a month. At first I did not pay much attention to it as I was aware that aches in this area can be common from time to time. however, the issue worsened over time and the ache would switch from one testicle to the other.

I becamed concerned and so trawled the symptoms on the internet - reason being that I have been working in Egypt since august this year, with a sexual encounter shortly before leaving the UK. Therefore suspecting a possible sexual desease, it is extremely hard to find a clinician over here who would test for such a possibility. And so I turned to the internet.

After much researching the same thing kept popping up - Epididymitis or chlamydia. I researched treatment and concluded Aithromycin to be the answer. So off to the local pharmacy I went and purchased the drug. I had read that a single dose of 1 gram of of the azithromycin would do the trick, however I also read some conflicting advice stating other doses for longer periods. When I purchased the Azithromycin, the pharmicist recommended 500mg for three days. However, I did not dare discussing the reason for purchasing the drug.

So I have followed the advice given by the pharmacist. today was day three so the final dose of 500mg. I have noticed a slightly marked improvement with the dull aching, however not much to be pleased about.

I am concerned if I have taken the correct dosage to clear up the situation, if indeed it is as I have 'self diagnosed'. I am considering taken a further, final dose of 1 gram of the drug in one go as final attempt. Should I wait a few days to see if the course I have followed does the job, or should i take the larger dosage? Also, if so, would it be detrimental to do so in the light of the three days lower dosage I have taken?

Sorry for the long winded post but thought it would helpful to explain in detail. Any advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply