It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

Krystal112358 HB User
Dizziness and headache Torment

Hello

I have never posted a thread before, so it is fair to say I am a amateur So I suppose this is the point where I tell you all what I am experiencing.
I am 25, female, and in my last year of University. For the past 5 weeks I have been extremely dizzy and had a severe headache, which I can only assume is a Migraine, as I am very sensitive to light and sounds. I also have been having a stiff neck for the past few months as well, not sure if at all related. I should start by addressing the fact that I have an anxiety disorder as well as IBS. I have suffered from anxiety since I was 12 years old and was just recently in the past year was diagnosed with IBS.
On Sept 12, I had taking a bad IBS attack, where I had almost past out from stomach pain. The following night I was sitting on the couch playing a video game when the room started to spin. The room continued to spin for an hour. I was extremely nauseated of course, so I took a gravol and went to bed thinking I may have been just dehydrated from the attack the day before. The next day I woke up extremely lightheaded, so I drank plenty of water and Gatorade. The following morning I took another vertigo spell where the room was spinning, so I got my boyfriend to drive me to the ER. The doctor told me I was experiencing vertigo, hooked me up to a heart thingy (lol no idea what it was called) and sent me home saying it will pass on its own. Ever sense I had constant dizziness and migraines. I am also very tired all the time. I have not yet had the vertigo feeling since however ( Thank God!) The feeling is 24/7, there is never a moment of relief. The headache feels like my head is going to implode at any moment. The dizziness is debilitating, I cannot leave the house to go anywhere, as the dizziness is so bad. I feel Like I am constantly swaying, like I am on a boat. I have a groggy feeling or aura in my head at all times and I cannot focus on any task, including my school work. loud sounds make me cringe in pain and bright lights make me feel even more faint. And if I scan my eyes to quickly at an object, the whole room seems to move with it. It has left me completely depressed. I am just so tired and scared of feeling like this. Nobody seems to understand what I am going through, and think it is all in my head (which having anxiety makes everyone immediately blame it on that without a second thought). It is horrible having an invisible pain, cause I seemingly look fine on the outside, but I am absolutely miserable on the inside...
I have recently started taking iron supplements, thinking I may be anemic. No signs of relief yet however.... If anybody else is experiencing these symptoms or knows anything about it, please reply. Any suggestions will help greatly. It is overwhelming every time I think about having to go through another day of this.

Last edited by Krystal112358; 10-17-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: grammer issues

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
dizzy, headache, migraine, tired, vertigo