It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
(female)

courtmariem HB User
Every Symptom, Doc says I'm "Normal"

It started when I was having extreme fatigue, literally sleeping 19 hours + a day and I had a sore throat and feeling generally bad. I noticed I had a craving for sweets and that was so extremely rare because I've said my whole life how I hated sweets. I have been losing weight for a year and a half, exercising 5-6x a week and I lost 80 pounds. I felt really good when doing this, but when I got sick, I lost all interest. Of course I started to eat a little bad, but I was still cooking at home and using all wheat products and not drinking too much soda. I weigh myself every day bc of weight loss and noticed something:
I gained 15 pounds in 3-4 days I thought, oh well maybe it is water weight, even though it felt different. I drank a ton of water to try to get it out but no luck.
Here are my other symptoms:
Tight chest
Chest pain
Throat weirdness (it doesn't hurt but I feel hoarse.. I don't know sometimes a weird cough comes out?)
I can't breath right, I shake almost when I breathe in
Back pain
Shoulder pain
Neck pain (i feel like I want to crack my neck but it doesn't work)
Irregular menses ( very VERY heavy)
Headaches
Recent High blood pressure( i've always had pretty good BP, usually 115-118/75) The other day at the doc it was 130/80 then they took it again 15 mins later and it was 130/90. Of course I was worked up the second time, but I felt normal the first time. Gonna get that done again.
My ear hurts really bad. Might just be random, though.
Constipation ( always have "rabbit" turds haha)
Feet and hands are always cold, and i noticed it because I used to HATE wearing socks and now I can't go without wearing them.
Pain on my sides (might be constipation)
I also had an unidentified mass on my spleen but may have been a lupul? i think is the word bowel. Not sure what that means.
Depression
Anxiety
Throat itch, i keep wanting to make a loogie motion to scratch it
Extreme itchyness/feeling like I'm getting stabbed.
Nauseous (right in my throat, almost like acid reflux but it feels...different..)
Sweet cravings (soooo bizarre for me...)
And as I mentioned the weight gain (15 pounds in 3-4 days)

I know I probably have more symptoms, they just come and go and these are the most prominent that I have been feeling. I know it is a lot and they are pretty vague but bare with me. I swear that I am not making any of this up. I just want help. Why would I make this up if it won't give me the right treatment? (I've had some bad docs)

These are my blood levels:

TSH on the first test was 4.59
TSH (second time) = 3.0
t4 free = 1.1
I have alkaline phos of 42 which is "low" on a scale of 50-136 that my lab goes by

No one wants to treat me I have my first endo appt about a month from now but I feel so terrible. my chest hurts really bad right now, I feel like I want to throw up every morning, I have no interest in ANYTHING anymore except sleeping.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Every Symptom, Doc says I'm "Normal"

Ask for a complete thyroid testing. All your symptoms are those associated with hypothyroidism, and the throat restrictions may be from the thyroid being enlarged. You may have to push a bit, because some of the old-school doctors go strictly by numbers, where "normal" can be different for different people. The new thinking goes more by symptoms and signs. Hope you feel etter soon, Sera

Last edited by Seraph; 10-23-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Typo

The Following User Says Thank You to Seraph For This Useful Post:
courtmariem (10-23-2012)
Old 10-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
(female)

courtmariem HB User
Red face Re: Every Symptom, Doc says I'm "Normal"

Now I'm starting to have insomnia from my anxiety at night? Then I sleep for hours and hours because I am so fatigued. Great. I liked it better when I was always asleep and didn't have to deal with all of this stress.

My chest pains are getting worse, and my blood pressure is rising. It was 141/85 the other day.

Awesome.

But nah, nothin' wrong with me.

Calling the doc tomorrow to make her issue me FULL thyroid testing and let her know my BP is up and that I can't sleep and that I'm having mental breakdowns.

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety, depression, hypo, hypothyroid, thyroid