It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

krivera HB User
blood test results

i have been having muscle and joint problems for over a year now along with many other symptoms all test result have came back normal(except cpk slightly always high) until my last appt. wanted to know if any one knows what they mean: uranalysis is abnormal blood and protien +, urine microscopic: BBCS 14 (h) mucous few (a), automated differental: eosinophils 510 (h), erythrocyte sedimentation rate: 22 (h), c-reactive protein: crp .7 (h), iron panel: serum 29 (L) saturation 9 (L), soluble transferrin receptor: 4.5 (h), transferrin recep-ferritin IND: 3.1 (h), creatin kinase: 195 (h), these were all my abnormal results everything else was fine and still waiting on more and x-rays to come back and also my CPK levels (reatin kinase) are always a little high and i am diagnosed with fibromyalgia

Last edited by krivera; 11-02-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: blood test results

Fibromyalgia is often a symptom of low thyroid function.

There are no thyroid tests listed in your results.
Ask for no less than TSH and free T4 tests, both of them. (TSH alone is not enough.) If TSH is above 2 and/or free T4 is below median lab range, you have inoptimal thyroid function and would probably benefit from thyroid hormone supplementation.
Tests for thyroglobulin and thyroperoxidase antibodies might also be helpful, as positive results can sometimes convince MDs of a thyroid problem.

Doctors are notoriously bad at ordering the right thyroid tests and proper interpretation of them, so you may have to insist on them.

Last edited by midwest1; 11-03-2012 at 11:08 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to midwest1 For This Useful Post:
krivera (11-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
(female)

krivera HB User
Re: blood test results

TSH, REFLEX 2.12 out of all tests they ran those were my abnormal results everything else is fine they took x rays also and waiting to hear back can take some time so far i have gotten result on 23 different blood and urine tests they have ran they are trying to see if i have an autoimmune disease my communication with my doctor is online so i do not fully understand what everything means but i have always been told my thyroid has always been fine. only other thing is i am pre diabetic

Reply Reply

Tags
autoimmune, fibromyalgia, joint and muscle pain