It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

stefix101 HB User
Unhappy Upset stomach for over a week, no vomiting, anxiety...(long)

Hello,
Any advice is appreciated!
For 1 week and a half I've had an upset stomach. I have a headache that goes away when I go to sleep at night and then comes back half way through the day. Sometimes it's worse than other days. I am not vomiting. My bowel movements have been a little off. It's normal in the morning. TMI: Not a different color, no blood. My urine has a stronger smell. When I breathe really heavy, yawn, or sneeze, I get a stretching pain on my left side a little bit under my rib. My stomach ache just feels upset. It's not a sharp pain, it's not a cramping feeling, it just feels like I ate too much candy, or ate too much sweets. I feel bloated even when i'm not. When I wake up in the morning the upset feeling isn't really present, but the left side pain is when I yawn. It doesn't feel better if I eat, if anything it starts to hurt when I finally eat breakfast and then I have it all day. If I lye on my back it makes the feeling subside, so that's how i've been sleeping. I have been belching more than normal, and flactulating a lot more since i've had the stomach ache. I had constant hunger pain all day long. The stomach ache came on all of a sudden when I woke up one morning.

I've went to my doctor about 4 days ago and he put me on prilosec because he though it was stomach acid building up. The only difference i've seen is the constant hunger pain has subsided a little bit. He also put me on an anxiety/anti-depressant because I've been feeling extremely fatigued for about 2 months, crying all the time, and no motivation. I have been going through a lot, I am a college student and stressed with school, as well as my fiance has been newly enlisted into the Army and has been gone off an on since may. Im not handeling it very well and the doctor said that my stomach and headache may be part of my stress and anxiety from school and my fiance being gone. Now with being sick and not knowing whats wrong with me, it makes me even more nervous.

Please help!

Last edited by stefix101; 11-11-2012 at 06:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Upset stomach for over a week, no vomiting, anxiety...(long)

Hi,
I agree with your Dr giving you medication for anxiety. As you said yourself you are under stress and the treatment sounds right to me.
You would be more than suprised at the many symptoms that stress can cause and stomach problems is most definitely one of them.
Stress can cause many stomach issues and I have had the same myself and been prescribed the same treatment.
Stay on the medication for as long as your Dr has recomended and relax as much as you can.
I feel sure you will soon feel much better. All the best to you,

Solofelix.

Reply Reply

Tags
anxiety, gas, scared, stomach ache