It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
(male)

neur O ptnt HB User
trial stimulator

Yesterday I had the trial implant of a multi-program nerve stimulator to help with my sciatica down both legs. While my back was extremely painfull after the procedure and I didn't get much sleep last night, today my back pain is better. The stimulation feels fairly good and is felt mostly on the inside and down the front of my legs, unfortunately my sciatic pain runs from my cheeks down the back of my legs. The St. Jude rep tells me it may be to soon to tell, and I kinda agree because my back pain may be overriding much of the sensations from the stimulator. There are 5 settings which can be adjusted up and down and also has the ability to adjust the stimulation for each leg seperatly, ranging from mild at 6 bars of power (similar to a cat purring in my lap) to a prickly pulsing at 8 bars with more bars to go, to much power and the sensation goes into my stomach and is almost nausiating.

Is this what others experience and will this stimulation help with the backside of my legs where most of my pain is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply