It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #1
(female)

jfrannieh HB User
inside my head feels like a pinball machine

Seems to be more frequent lately -- if I fall asleep sitting up and wake up -- my head feels like a pinball is richocheting around my head, making my ears plug and unplug as it bounces around. Does this sound crazy or can someone relate and tell me what it is? I have a significant hearing loss and also was told I had meniere's once so I'm thinking it might be an inner ear problem. Can't find anything with a google search. Thanks for anyone's help!

The following user gives a hug of support to jfrannieh:
sjb (11-16-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: inside my head feels like a pinball machine

Greetings jfrannieh! I am sorry about this difficulty! I am not promising a cure. Sometimes mucous and or food gets into eustachian tubes and may make an ear popping sensation. Drinking proper amounts of water every day may help thin mucous so there might be less of that. Also there are some foods that seem to be mucous forming such as raw egg, dairy, sugar, onion, okra and other foods containing slippery properties. (of course some mucous is needed by the body for lubrication so I would not avoid all these all the time) A good and wide variety of food in the diet is good. Of course an eye ear nose and throat physician could be consulted. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #3
(female)

jfrannieh HB User
Re: inside my head feels like a pinball machine

Thank you for your post sjb! I appreciate it. I'm not sure that's my problem. My ears don't pop. It's more like a pressurized ball is richocheting around, hitting different side and making one ear feel plugged up for a second, then the other when the ball moves over there. It's a bazarre thing to explain. Calling my audiologist is a good place to start though. Thanks again!

The following user gives a hug of support to jfrannieh:
sjb (11-19-2012)
Reply Reply